• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Removing bones or separating bodies in two (or more) parts

yudodis

Reactions
Hello everyone. It's the first time I'm posting a new thread so please be kind. I've been trying to separate a body in two or even more parts but I can't find anything useful in plugins or in the forums so please, if anyone of you could shed some light, it would be awesome.

I'm creating a scene only for learning how to animate and I thought about replicating first Resident Evil movie laser scene where a body gets ripped in pieces using a laser, getting inside the Hive.
I've been trying to reuse this awesome plugin called Disembody from Stopper without any luck because this plugin separate bodies apart but it also hides a lot of skin, which I don't want to happen in the scene. I also understand the limits within VAM, so I don't want to, let's say, detach some finger parts, with basic parts would be fine.

I also learnt the tidbits from the ColliderEditor plugin and another one that hides skin parts, so the only thing missing would be deleting the link between two body parts, let's say eliminating the link between the shoulder and the arm, while keeping the link between the arm and the hand.

TIA!

AFAIK you can't separate body parts and the plugin seems to be for hiding the skin, a different interpretation to "disembody".
The only way I can see at the moment to make the impression of disembodiement is to have multiple persons with collision off and in the same place, then hide and show specific parts as you move one person to pretend it's a body part being cut.

Upvote 0
AFAIK you can't separate body parts and the plugin seems to be for hiding the skin, a different interpretation to "disembody".
The only way I can see at the moment to make the impression of disembodiement is to have multiple persons with collision off and in the same place, then hide and show specific parts as you move one person to pretend it's a body part being cut.
While using Disembody plugin, you can see with the red dots that the bones between the thigh and the hip are detached, same applies with the head and the neck between the chest, or the hand and the arm with the shoulder. That's why I thought it could be possible. I don't know how to explain better as I'm not very well versed in English, sorry!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom