Question AudioMate or similiar?

Thorozar

Reactions
I posted the below in the plugin discussion for AudioMate, but if this plugin isnt able to do what I need, is there another way to get done what I want?

Anyone know a way to load a collection that i saved in AudioMate from a trigger? There are triggers for a lot of stuff which calls various collections (both of these terms are used for different things apparently) and I would love to swap out voices as I have tons of clips from various women and I organized these all with the same type of sets, and I call those randomly through AudioMate in Timeline based on the type of audio I want to call. I can manually load the new collection with the other set of voices with the same collection names and it is seamless in Timeline, just new voice being called in place of the old. I would love to be able to have a button on the UI for the user to quickly load the voice they want if they rather use a different voice for the model other than the one I had in mind. The way I originally have been doing this is just a plugin preset which of course loads all of the Atom plugins, and the AudioMate plugin has the other voice on it. This doesnt allow the user to change the voice with UI buttons since that will change everything, and it will reset the scene when the new Timeline is loaded along with everything else.

Solution
I make voicepacks as assetbundles using MacGruber's (Random)SoundFromAB logicbricks. Audio assetbundles have a lot of advantages as loading one is almost instant, while Scene Audio files take quite a while and you can't just clear them.
I don't know how Audiomate handles collections and files, but the above is very performant and easy to learn.

I use it to change voices and each voice is modular. You can load and change it easily and it doesn't even have to be part of a scene. Naturally if it's person voices there's some scene structuring you need to set, but the flexibility and options you have are worthwhile.
Here's a couple of voices I shared that work on any of my 2023 Template based scenes...
With the paid version of moanLight, libraries can be exchanged from external triggers.
Libraries can be existing or you can create your own.
It is not known whether other necessary functions are provided.

However, as this is a paid version, it is not suitable for creating works for the purpose of publication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok thanks for the head's up. Hopefully either that plugin goes free so i can publish, or I can contact the modder and ask if I may get permission. I will probably get that patreon to check it out.

Upvote 0
Doesnt look like that plugin is functional according to some posts and the dev pulled the plugin it seems.

At this point I am wondering if the AudioMate plugin could just be updated to allow the loading of saved collections called from a trigger. Ive looked at the code and figure this should be possible since the function to load and save collections exists. I am just too ignorant of code to make sure all the stuff is correct to get this to work. I tried doing a few things and it wouldnt compile. If anyone with more code knowledge could point me in the needed code updates to AudioMate to allow this that would be great.

I assume someone like @MacGruber would be a good resource since he is the resident code genius?

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I haven't updated the moanLight free version,,

Surely, AudioMate is CC BY, so it should be allowed to be updated and put out.

It is difficult to answer whether it would be a good resource.
It looks great and has a great technical UI, but it wasn't user-friendly for me, so I built it myself.
It seems to suit you and I think some people would agree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the reply, what I am looking for is the ability to call random sound clips (.ogg) from various folders I have via timeline. AudioMate allows you to categorize them into what it calls collections and then you are also able to add volume activated morphs, which is pretty slick. That is what is now available with AudioMate. What I also need is to be able to call a different set of voice files from another folder if the user decides to change the model voice. This function does also exist in AudioMate as you can save/load an instance of the collections, however, the author either forgot to make this function able to be called via trigger, or didnt intend to before the plugin seems to have been abandoned.

I am of course open to other plugins if they meet the basic requirements I have for the scene. Since i recently went through and standardized my entire sound clip collection to tighen it up and reduce the number of "sets" (ie various intensity sounds) so my timeline calls need updated anyway. I have not really started this process as I am looking for the best option to complete this part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I make voicepacks as assetbundles using MacGruber's (Random)SoundFromAB logicbricks. Audio assetbundles have a lot of advantages as loading one is almost instant, while Scene Audio files take quite a while and you can't just clear them.
I don't know how Audiomate handles collections and files, but the above is very performant and easy to learn.

I use it to change voices and each voice is modular. You can load and change it easily and it doesn't even have to be part of a scene. Naturally if it's person voices there's some scene structuring you need to set, but the flexibility and options you have are worthwhile.
Here's a couple of voices I shared that work on any of my 2023 Template based scenes:

I have currently around 40 voices, and can load any of them on these scenes during gameplay with only a couple of buttons to press. All this using logicbricks.

Upvote 0
Solution
excellent, i will have to check this out. AutoMate loads whatever you add to collections to the scene audio section, and that all loads before you can get into things. thanks for the heads up!

Upvote 0
My quickspeech guide is not the easiest guide to read, but if you get the gist of it and adapt to your needs it can be quite a flexible tool.

Upvote 0
this should be what i need, just did a basic test of a UIButton to trigger one of your asset bundles and how to swap them out and whatnot with it. I assume this can all be called for random clips from AcidBubbles Timeline as well? Time to learn some new functionality!

Upvote 0
My quickspeech guide is not the easiest guide to read, but if you get the gist of it and adapt to your needs it can be quite a flexible tool.
Game changer! This is working great, had a few issues figuring out how you were calling specific stuff, but once I tracked it down it is magical! I even figured out how to change voice and load the assetbundle during the same click, so the load assetbundle button is redundant if you just combine the button for the new assetbundle with it. You probably know that, but you just didn't have a button in your American speech scene to swap between young and deep voice. In my scene I have the voice names and you just click that button, and it is seamless how it immediately changes voices since it loads the new atom preset with the right bundle and vamstory triggers set. Brilliant!

Thanks very much for getting me on this, and now with these tools perhaps I can also figure out a way to replace clothing and have it still work with the timeline undress triggers without needing to duplicate them for the various clothing sets I have (been using plugin preset for these, so 12 different ones for the 12 models and their clothing) I hope to be able to use any of the 12 clothing sets on any of the 12 models, and have the timeline undress triggers work as easily as this voice change stuff does. I am guessing LogicBricks has a module for this as well.

Upvote 0
Game changer! This is working great, had a few issues figuring out how you were calling specific stuff, but once I tracked it down it is magical! I even figured out how to change voice and load the assetbundle during the same click, so the load assetbundle button is redundant if you just combine the button for the new assetbundle with it. You probably know that, but you just didn't have a button in your American speech scene to swap between young and deep voice. In my scene I have the voice names and you just click that button, and it is seamless how it immediately changes voices since it loads the new atom preset with the right bundle and vamstory triggers set. Brilliant!

Thanks very much for getting me on this, and now with these tools perhaps I can also figure out a way to replace clothing and have it still work with the timeline undress triggers without needing to duplicate them for the various clothing sets I have (been using plugin preset for these, so 12 different ones for the 12 models and their clothing) I hope to be able to use any of the 12 clothing sets on any of the 12 models, and have the timeline undress triggers work as easily as this voice change stuff does. I am guessing LogicBricks has a module for this as well.
I load my voices with UIAssist, and I don't want them referenced in a scene as the buttons for each would require, that's the reason.

I also a similar callback system for clothing and more recently for environments, quickdress and quickplace respectively. You can check those out too if they may be useful.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom