Question zip format

allll

Reactions
guys, help, please! frequently folders
I download folders in zip format, not var. where to throw them? convert zip to var to put in Addon Packages? 2. is it possible to throw games into the folder if there are saves and custom folders inside?

No, don't convert them!
Please check if the Zip file contains a Var file... in that case extract the Var to the appropriate folder.
If not, please check if it contains some sort of folder structure like custom/atom/person/texture/... in that case extract and copy the entire folder structure over to your VaM folder.
If not...

Between the times when the ocean drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of ares...
There was the time we now call the pre-Var aera.
In that time we have shared files directly and everybody had to learn where to move them.
In some cases this ancient habbit is used till the present time.
Only the oldes of the wise guys know where to.. OK, stopp that rubbish ;)

-If the zip file contains a .json file, and if you think it is a scene, then it goes to the "save" folder, where your own scenes are.
-If it is an Asset, it has to go to the "custom/asset/" folder (often seen till today).
-A cloth item goes to the "custom/clothes" folder, aso.
-A texture goes to "custom/atom/person/textures".
-Morph files goes to "custom/atom/person/morphes/female(male)..."
-Plugin scripts goes to "custom/scripts".
-... I think you have understand the rules behind this.

I hope this will help a bit.
Happy new year!

Upvote 0
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!Very big! As always, the answer is as detailed as possible, only there was an important detail that I didn't ask: If there are a lot of mods in my folder, does it slow down the game?

Upvote 0
smiled)))
Thank you!!!Very big! As always, the answer is as detailed as possible, only there was an important detail that I didn't ask: If there are a lot of mods in my folder, does it slow down the game?

Upvote 0

Yes.

-Var files will be scanned at the VaM startup. A lot of Vars will therefore slow down startup.
But not only Var files: If you have a lot of morphs, all of them will be scanned and therefore will slow down VaM startup, too. Though, it is only a little for every single of those files... but if you have a lot of them, it will summarize up. For instance: I have more than 5000 morphs. This slows down my VaM start from 10 seconds to ~1.5 minutes or a bit more.
-If you have a lot of stuff in one folder, may it be scenes or textures or looks or presets, this will slow down the in-game file browser a lot.

-But beside of this: startup time, loading time or browsing time... I have not measured any slow down of the overall "in-game speed" (aka ~ "FPS") by only having a lot of stuff collected.

There are other things like high poly hair and clothes, or multiple light sources, aso., that will destroy your FPS.

Upvote 0
For instance: I have more than 5000 morphs.

Errrm... 5000 custom made morphs? In addition to 1000 male and 1200 female built-in in VAM? What do you use them for?

I've just checked my new, clean-ish, looks-based VAM installation. I have 4800 female morphs and 1000 male morphs. It appears they come from all my favorite looks. But still, my VAM launches within 10 seconds (external SSD USB 3.0 drive).

KG

Upvote 0
Errrm... 5000 custom made morphs? In addition to 1000 male and 1200 female built-in in VAM? What do you use them for?

I've just checked my new, clean-ish, looks-based VAM installation. I have 4800 female morphs and 1000 male morphs. It appears they come from all my favorite looks. But still, my VAM launches within 10 seconds (external SSD USB 3.0 drive).

KG

Since VaM had added custom morph support, I collected all the Genesis 2 morphs that I could find from DAZ3D, converted some Genesis 3 morphs, and did a bunch of my own custom morphs. 5000 was just a number... and it does not include morphs from Var files (I have no clue how to count them).
My VaM installation is very old and stuffed with hoarded things. A fresh installation for using the Benchmark Scene is starting in some few seconds, too. I don't care too much about that.
For me the thing I love the most in VaM is to create looks. I have done a lot of look-alikes of almost every girl I once have known in my life and much more. LoL. I am somewhat perfectionistic with that (including graphics, too) and like to have as much tools (morphs) and options as possible. And I almost know every single of my precious morphs and what they are doing. I guess I am a full scale nerd. ;)

Upvote 0
For me the thing I love the most in VaM is to create looks.

I just hope one day we will see some of your creations.

I'm all about looks too, but I have never used anything like Daz3D. I am not a look creator. May be if I watched some creation processes videos, I would come up with a workflow that would let me to begin experimenting.

KG

Upvote 0
Присоединяюсь к вопросу, мне тоже сильно хочется бы увидеть коллекцию господина Тоби. Мы мечтаем это увидеть! Мы этого желаем! Мы требуем не хоронить эту сокровищницу в частной коллекции , передайте ее в музей Vam!!

Upvote 0
Because of the very private nature of most of those looks, I will take them to my grave. Lol

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom