Question When packaging my Var, add morph as a reference to other VAR or add it from custom/atom/person/morphs?

pinosante

Reactions
I'm thinking about making a var of an animation which uses the "Anus Open" morph. What is a good custom: to reference another Var? (Which would make my scene dependant on Lily's Throne by Dammarmau, which contains the morph), or should I just reference the morph in a custom directory in my \Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female_genitalia folder? The latter solution keeps the file size smaller, but also adds the morph to users who already have it?

So, what is best practice here?

I think a "general best practice" is to reference other VARs, preferably the original one, with the resource if there's no built-in option, BUT... a general best practice is not a best practice for everything, sometimes a deviation is possibly the best for everyone.
In your case, my opinion is that for that tiny morph it would be overkill to force the download of a much bigger resource and all its dependencies, just for the sake of following best practice. The purpose of a general best practice, as I see it, is to have a way of doing things that brings most benefits to all, but in this case I don't see it bringing any, just downsides.

Lilly's Throne is CC BY-NC-SA, so the morph is likely that too as I didn't see anything saying otherwise, which brings some reading up on the license terms. Or you just ask Damarmau, someone easy to chat with, and ask if you're good in including that morph in whatever your resource will be like.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom