Question What can I possess in VR mode Quest 2

Aminator

Reactions
I've been trying to figure out the possession thing in VR. I can possess the characters head. I've used be hands.
Is it possible to possess a character and possess more then just the head? Can I possess the arms and head at the same time or the while body?

What do you guys do if you want to make a scene where you play a character and have to move around a bit?

Quest2 only had head and hands (controllers for hands, headset for head, duh).
Unless you have additional trackers you can't possess any more. If you have additional Vive trackers (or things that pretend to be them) in which case you can link your feet, hips etc.
There is also the Kinect "full body" tracking which fully links your whole body. If you want to be able to walk around you need to add feet/hips at least.
Check out AprilTag QR code trackers (webcam and print out QR codes) for "free" tracking. SlimeVR for hardware trackers that you can make yourself for varying prices and the kinect plugin here on the hub if you have one.

Upvote 0
So I can walk around a scene but not with a body? Quest 2 will allow me to walk around in the scene right?
If I can't possess the legs then can't I at least have down to the thighs? Is there a floating head that has a torso arms and a dick hanging below it that I can possess?
It might look weird if you're lying down but in other positions it probably wouldn't seem weird.

Upvote 0
Btw, how do I actually possess the head and arms and hands? All I've been able to do is possess one at a time.

Upvote 0
It seems like on your right Quest 2 controller, you hit the "B" button to pull up the menu. Then click the icon to Possess an actor. Aim your controller at the Green circle on that actor's head, then click "B" again to possess the head.

Next step: move your same right controller "in to" the green circle located in that actor's right hand. Then repeat with your left controller, into the actor's left hand. Just by moving the controller into the circle, it should possess those hands automatically.

I am relatively new here, so that is my understanding. Someone can jump in if I am wrong. :)

Upvote 0
nope, thats about right.
Point and click the green ball in the head first. Then move your virtual hands into the green ball for the left and right. Careful not to brush against other random spheres you you end up having your hand linked to her foot or something weird.
When you move around with the left stick in this mode, the body will be dragged around like an insane ragdoll behind you. This is why hip/feet tracking is needed. If you have hip and feet you can literally just walk around your room and the movement is translated so the in game model appears to walk too. Much nicer.

Upvote 0
I'm going to try recording something. The character is sitting down talking to another character standing to her right. I don't know if I'll be able to rotate her upper body while possessing.
If I have a bunch of hand gestures will I have to do the actual hand (finger) motions after?

I think I downloaded a hand animation plugin that tries to create hand animation to match the arm movement. I haven't used it yet but can I load that while recording and hope for the best?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom