vs1 H093 Satomi Hair (HD,Fast,Female,Futa,Color Presets)

Hairstyles vs1 H093 Satomi Hair (HD,Fast,Female,Futa,Color Presets)

vs1

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
vs1
vs1 submitted a new resource:

vs1 H093 Satomi Hair (HD,Fast,Female,Futa,Color Presets) - Hair style for Look of "Satomi" that includes HD, Fast, Female and Futa settings.

I made hairstyle for Look of "Satomi".
This package include follows:
- Hair style for Female and Male(Futa) (Fast settings)
- Hair style for Female and Male(Futa) (HD settings)
- Hair Presets (12 Colors)
-------------
Other assets seen in image not included with this download:
View attachment 167944View attachment 167945View attachment 167946[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

I wanted to bring up with you something I have noticed with your hair styles and changing the color. When I change the hair color to a brighter (blond, red, etc) on your styles, it usually results in a very bright back light and I am not sure why. Just to test this, I took a hair by NoStage 3 and looked at all the color and light values and then applied those same values to your Satomi hair and the result is a very bright hair style, almost like some bright back lighting is coming through the hair. I was wondering if there is something in your process of creating your styles that gives this over bright affect that you could adjust?

Here is NoStage 3, using the default values for the hair style, the blonde looks fairly natural.
2022-10-28_06.jpg

Here is your Statomi Hair with the same Root, Tip and Specular color values and same Gloss, Fresnel, etc values applied, notice how bright it is in comparison. Maybe there is something you can adjust in your creation process so that if we want to change to your color presets we won't get this brightly lit up hair?
2022-10-28_08.jpg

Thanks again for all the great styles, I don't mean to be critical, I only want to help you make these better when changing the color.

Thanks for letting me know, @DasBoot!
The cause of this problem is that NoStage3's hairstyle has "Shader Type" set to "Quality", but my hair is set to "Fast" for performance reasons. If you want to express the same color with my hair as NoStage3, you can change "Shader Type" to "Quality" or use the included HD version (Quality setting).
Experimentally, when I changed the "Shader Type" in the Look tab of the NoStage3 hairstyle to "Fast", it became as bright as my hair.

NoStage3: Long Side 5 <Shader Type=Quality (Default)>
ss_02.jpg

NoStage3: Long Side 5 <Shader Type=Fast>
ss_01.jpg

vs1: vs1 H093 Satomi (Normal, Not HD, Preset=C4) <Shader Type=Fast (Default)>
ss_06.jpg

vs1: vs1 H093 Satomi (Normal, Not HD, Preset=C4) <Shader Type=Quality>
ss_05.jpg

I noticed this same problem when making "vs1 H092 Kaylee Hair", so in each preset of "vs1 H092 Kaylee Hair", even if "Shader Type" is "Fast", in order not to brighten, I adjusted other parameters.

ss_07.jpg

I'm planning to tweak the presets for Satomi as well and release it again (probably next week).
I choose "Fast" for "Shader Type" because if it's anything other than "Fast", there are more cases of frame rate problems in VR mode or when PC performance is low.
I want many people to use my hair, so I set it to "Fast" and widen the operating environment.

When there is a kind person like you who notices and teaches me, I can notice the opinion. It helps me a lot in improving my quality.

Thank you for your kindness!
I will continue to do my best.

That is great, I was not aware of the Shader Type setting for hair, now that I know I will test using that setting. Your hair styles are so awesome, and not getting the color right was bothering me, but now I realize I can do it. I agree with you on performance, you have to make some concessions so that it has a good frame rate. Thanks again.

I have one more question. I have been learning how to change and create hair styles. For example I want to use the Pull tool, but using the small sized tool, it barely pulls the hair, I have to use a larger tool size but then it pulls too many hairs at a time. Do you know a way to use the smaller size tool but have it pull stronger? (note: I have all the hair on full rigidity at first so I can try and form the hair).

That is great, I was not aware of the Shader Type setting for hair, now that I know I will test using that setting. Your hair styles are so awesome, and not getting the color right was bothering me, but now I realize I can do it. I agree with you on performance, you have to make some concessions so that it has a good frame rate. Thanks again.

I have one more question. I have been learning how to change and create hair styles. For example I want to use the Pull tool, but using the small sized tool, it barely pulls the hair, I have to use a larger tool size but then it pulls too many hairs at a time. Do you know a way to use the smaller size tool but have it pull stronger? (note: I have all the hair on full rigidity at first so I can try and form the hair).

Thank you!
Further performance improvements are planned for another upcoming Hair release.

Small size hair tools have hit detection issues. I only use preset 1 and above on the smallest size.
For more detailed work, I use two or more tools, one being the Hold tool to keep other parts from being changed, while the other is working with preset 1 or larger sizes.
Most of my content is completed with only Brush, RigiditySet, Cut, and Grow.

Great thank you for the insight on how you work. I have a huge appreciation for what you do now after trying it out. As always great work you do, thanks for sharing. :)

Back
Top Bottom