Voxta Demo

Voxta Scenes Voxta Demo

How do you enable the mic for virtual desktop in vam. My pc detects my mic in a test, and mic is enabled for vam, but she doesn't hear me.

How do you enable the mic for virtual desktop in vam. My pc detects my mic in a test, and mic is enabled for vam, but she doesn't hear me.
I think that while she can 'hear' you, she can't understand or respond without the server that has all Ai links and functionality.
Seems like this is intended so people can go through the code and setup of the screen, but I fail to see the actual functionality without being able to actually test things.

But, I have been wrong in the past, allegedly, so this might be the case here. Since I am not in my home pc I can't test right now.

@marlowInc I know some people did use it successfully, you can come ask on our Discord. As a quick tip, to reduce the amount of variables, you can switch to NAudio input in Voxta (in the speech to text settings, disable "use client app capabilities" and it'll use NAudio like VaM) and see if it hears you. You can also go to the NAudio settings to manually pick the audio input you want. Then, you can go to the Speech Playground (on the left) to try it. If it works, the issue may be somewhere else, like an error (look at the VaM and Voxta logs, maybe there will be a useful clue there). In any case, reach out for help, we're trying to make it as easy as possible while allowing lots of flexibility!

@Damarmau Hi! You are correct, by itself it's a very nice set of animations, but to talk with the AI you indeed need Voxta Server (there were some improvements recently to make it easier to understand what's what, we're trying to adjust and improve the display and messages to allow free scenes that use Voxta without creating confusion).

This scene was made to be as simple as possible rather than making it do too many things; you can talk to the AI, you can ask her a few basic things like raising her arms and things like that, but the core of it is high quality speech animations :)

About the mic, I usually can't use a mic myself (can't really talk out loud because of reasons!), you can connect to the chat using the Voxta UI and see the chat view on another screen and type. It's not very practical for VR though!

If you have any questions please reach out. I think Voxta can be amazing for story telling and scenarios, but because it's a creator tool rather than "just a chat" like most programs you'll find out there, it's harder to explain right and we need more good examples, which we're slowly getting into. So if you have any interest in what's possible, check out our YouTube channel, look at the other Voxta scenes, and I'll do my best to answer anything that's missing (and/or improve our documentation).

@Da_Pig That is correct. We can probably use better wording for users who don't _know_ that you need the Voxta backend and wonder what's up. In the future we may have something that doesn't require you to run anything locally, but we're not there yet :) Any feedback is good feedback so for anyone else wondering, please ask (I'll try to be more present than I've been, I've been writing code non stop for this for more than a year!)

Here's one example of what this is for:

Obviously you can also make it more NSFW like https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/voxta-blowjob.40858/ (see the video in it) or for simpler roleplay (like this
) too. The idea is to allow the community to create potentially complex, rich and dynamic, backed by and using AI.

For example, someone did this (early Voxta versions) and I think it's cool:
but with the newer features, it's possible to use scripting, dynamic storytelling and much more. Anyway I'm sounding like a salesperson so I'll shut up :D The idea here is just to make a simple scene that can be used as a starting point, and start seeing creative uses of it moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom