VH34 Installation Instructions / How To Play /Troubleshooting and Tips + FAQ

Guides VH34 Installation Instructions / How To Play /Troubleshooting and Tips + FAQ

virtualharem34

Reactions
Patreon
virtualharem34
Why not packaging in a proper quality VAR and putting some effort in a clean finish? This is equal worse compared to the deprecated VAC approach.

Why not packaging in a proper quality VAR and putting some effort in a clean finish? This is equal worse compared to the deprecated VAC approach.

I get asked this a lot so I'm going to share my complete rationale here:

The main issue being load times for 600+ audio files are vastly increased while in compressed format. I am also expecting directory structures at a specific location and making them for the user is easier than asking them to type it in carefully, making a typo, and messaging me that there's a bug. Someday there will be a hybrid approach where MOST files are packed in a var, but performance is an issue in an already massive scene.

I have a theory about lazy loading files maybe 10 at a time or on-demand programmatically, that should potentially fix it, but ill explore that when I'm confident the product is otherwise finished.

*IF* I can do that I will still probably include with the product a directory tree for appearance presets matching the paths I expect. So a full var approach is unlikely but I will pack in as much as i can when it's stable.

Another user consideration is having vars that are 1.2GB will require the user to go back and clean up old versions manually otherwise it takes a massive amount of space on their drive. paste-in-place with overwrite eliminates that frustration.

Last edited:
I get asked this a lot so I'm going to share my complete rationale here:

The main issue being load times for 600+ audio files are vastly increased while in compressed format. I am also expecting directory structures at a specific location and making them for the user is easier than asking them to type it in carefully, making a typo, and messaging me that there's a bug. Someday there will be a hybrid approach where MOST files are packed in a var, but performance is an issue in an already massive scene.

I have a theory about lazy loading files maybe 10 at a time or on-demand programmatically, that should potentially fix it, but ill explore that when I'm confident the product is otherwise finished.

*IF* I can do that I will still probably include with the product a directory tree for appearance presets matching the paths I expect. So a full var approach is unlikely but I will pack in as much as i can when it's stable.

Another user consideration is having vars that are 1.2GB will require the user to go back and clean up old versions manually otherwise it takes a massive amount of space on their drive. paste-in-place with overwrite eliminates that frustration.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Ekhm... sorry i may be indolent but what you bring to us? i miss some quick description what it is all about at top of all that long hard to understand but very detailed explainings :D is it some scene ? som plugin ???? you know that most people read only topics of articles, some of them read short description and it do not told whats inthey totaly loose intreest.

Ekhm... sorry i may be indolent but what you bring to us? i miss some quick description what it is all about at top of all that long hard to understand but very detailed explainings :D is it some scene ? som plugin ???? you know that most people read only topics of articles, some of them read short description and it do not told whats inthey totaly loose intreest.

this is for my scenes specifically made by me

Back
Top Bottom