VAM2DAZ Converter for Blender 4.0

Other VAM2DAZ Converter for Blender 4.0

Painter3000

Reactions
Painter3000 submitted a new resource:

VAM2DAZ Converter for Blender 4.0 - This script is a Blender add-on designed to convert shape keys from VAM to DAZ format.

1. Export the VAM mesh in OBJ format from the program.
2. Install the plugin in Blender.
3. Load the VAM mesh into Blender via the side panel (VAM2DAZ).
4. Create a DAZ mesh, whether skinned or in T-Pose.
5. Edit the DAZ mesh in Blender as needed. Adjustments can be made to the pose of skinned meshes and saved as a separate morph for export back to VAM in DAZ Studio.
6. Export the DAZ mesh in OBJ format and load it as a morph in DAZ Studio.
7. Export the DAZ morph for VAM. Note: In the...

Read more about this resource...

Ah wow, thats a pretty straight worklflow, thank you! ;)

I have difficulties importing the Blender morph correctly into DAZ, if I import it in Morph Loader either in Poser or Custom 100% format and apply it, object becomes huge.
Which settings do I have to choose in each Blender export and Morph Loader??

Blender_Export.png
Morph_Loader_Import.png

Last edited:
I mean, the morph applies but also scales the G2F way up.
When then exporting as Modifier Asset (morph was erc freezed before) and apply to VAM, I got an deformed monster

Morph_Applied.png

The VaM/Blender vs DAZ scales are different. When you're exporting from VaM, you need to set the scale option to 10% or 1%. Or when importing in DAZ, whichever is more convenient.

Though from your screenshot it looks like its 3x? Not sure, haven't looked into this tool in detail as my initial attempt to import VaM exported object produced a mesh with tons of issues so I've just closed it to re-try when I actually need it.

But I know that when we are going the "vam morph -> daz -> blender -> daz" route, we need to scale down by 100x when exporting from daz to blender, and then back 100x up when exporting from blender to daz.

The VaM/Blender vs DAZ scales are different. When you're exporting from VaM, you need to set the scale option to 10% or 1%. Or when importing in DAZ, whichever is more convenient.

Though from your screenshot it looks like its 3x? Not sure, haven't looked into this tool in detail as my initial attempt to import VaM exported object produced a mesh with tons of issues so I've just closed it to re-try when I actually need it.

But I know that when we are going the "vam morph -> daz -> blender -> daz" route, we need to scale down by 100x when exporting from daz to blender, and then back 100x up when exporting from blender to daz.
Yeah for the classic way I just choose Poser and never had to do anything about the scale.
Tried importing with Custom at 10% with the object generated by this script as well, just to see the G2F now shrinks ;)

Whats 3.0 in my screenshot?
Its the exported skinned female from VAM, with an already morphed char.
Blender is 4.2, DAZ is 4.23

Too bad the author does not answer...

Back
Top Bottom