• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Vam Store

VamPire

Reactions
Add Vam store for buying paid contents. I prefer buying for one time payment, as for updates maybe more contents can be added as DLC.
Or latest update is only x% of initial price, that way consumer doesn't always pay full price everytime there is an update and can choose whether they need that update or not. (even though I still like how games are sold, one time payment and updates are free)
I wonder whether people sub monthly on Patreon or just one month to buy and wait for big update to buy again for contents. Because content is a product not a service, update is a revision or bugfix while for more contents of the same title can still be sold as DLC.

This is not a bad idea, and I would think creators, could just put a link for buy this, right under the support link, IDK. I do both, there are a few creators I continue to support as they crank out good stuff continuously. There are some I support, and just download as much as I can and then quit. Others I will hang around a few months and then rotate to another creator to support. Depends if its what I like, and the quality, quantity and the $ amount. I think that creator that does the skin/plugin that reflects the light or something like that, forgot the name of it, just out right sells it on his Patreon page. I wanted to try it, but was not paying what he wanted just to try it. It was not that important to me, but for some people it is. Then there is the issue of one price and then free updates, that the creator will not deliver, that happens on steam all the time and then they add paid DLC.

I think Patreon is used cause it's in a legal gray area of technically being "donation" support. As VAM is built on DAZ3D, I've always assumed there are legal hurdles preventing a large scale store explicitly selling assets for cash. By the by, I also suspect legal threats may have been responsible for the new draconian licensing rules recently implemented to HUB published content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom