VAM stops responding shortly after launch

ToasterSock

Reactions
Hi all, was hoping I could get some help with this issue; I'm completely stumped to what's happening here and why.

Tech specs, for reference:
CPU: 12th Gen Intel i9-12900K
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

I've been playing VAM on desktop mode for a while and it's been running without tech issues at all. It then started having an issue where it will start up and stop responding until I ultimately have to close the program (no other pop-ups appear). Sometimes the program will run for ~6 seconds until it stops responding on its own or by click on something.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on my computer between the last working session and when it started failing. I don't ever mess around with the files of the program itself, just download stuff from the hub.

I've done a good bit of troubleshooting, including clearing cache, verifying the files via the launcher (all options), reinstalling a new instance on a different drive and I'm still experiencing the same issue. Moreover, there's mention of Citrix being the cause of a similar response to this by VAM but I don't have, nor have I ever had, Citrix. I've noticed that VAM will be marked by Task Manager as Very High Power Usage but I can't say if it always ran like that.

I've attached the error log for reference. I've looked through the logs but I don't really understand them and googling some errors hasn't been reasonably useful or relevant to this case.

I would appreciate any insight or experience or even guesses because I'm completely stumped and I would really like to be able to play with VAM again. Let me know if I you'd like any more logs or information and I'll provide what I can.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 0
I have no idea why the sudden change, and something external to VaM must have happened.
If you haven't yet, try reinstalling your GPU drivers. If you use XMP profiles in your BIOS try disabling those.
If that fails the only thing I can think of would be to reinstall Windows and hopefully resolve whatever it is it's making it crash.
Good luck.

I have no idea why the sudden change, and something external to VaM must have happened.
If you haven't yet, try reinstalling your GPU drivers. If you use XMP profiles in your BIOS try disabling those.
If that fails the only thing I can think of would be to reinstall Windows and hopefully resolve whatever it is it's making it crash.
Good luck.

I'll give it a go, and make sure to update. Thank you!

Update: Reinstalling drivers and messing with XMP profiles within BIOS didn't resolve the issue. However, doing a reset of Windows did. Windows has an option to hold onto personal files while removing a good amount of programs instead of a clean wipe of the computer. Doing this wasn't a huge deal to me but I can see why this may be a difficult decision to someone else. Regardless, so far I haven't had any of my usual programs cause the issue again. If I notice the program that caused the issue this time, I'll update my findings here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom