VaM Produce 69 Two Seasons + DLC Expansion

Scenes VaM Produce 69 Two Seasons + DLC Expansion

Awesome!!! I am not a game person... so my pc isn't that powerful...I can't view the dance smoothly. My CPU is core i7-8700, GPU is GeForce GTX 1050i. Please tell me what GPU do I need to buy to play this master piece smoothly? Thanks!

Awesome!!! I am not a game person... so my pc isn't that powerful...I can't view the dance smoothly. My CPU is core i7-8700, GPU is GeForce GTX 1050i. Please tell me what GPU do I need to buy to play this master piece smoothly? Thanks!
Thank you so much for your interest in this scene to the extent that you're considering upgrading your hardware. However, putting the scene aside, if you're really planning to upgrade, for general VAM use, a 136K 4070TI or a 7500 6750GRE would be a good consideration. But this might mean you'll need to replace other components like your motherboard and power supply as well.

For now, if you just want to enjoy the dance, it's not necessary to upgrade your hardware right away. I will soon release a version of Produce 69 specifically for MR/XR. Although this version is mainly designed for VR users, it's super lightweight and might run more smoothly on your current setup in desktop mode.

I am having no luck with this scene, I want to use my own look in it, but I can't even get to the point to try switching unfortunately. Any recommendations to get the menu to not bug out? I keep having an issue where during the intro the menu either doesn't show up so I can't progress, or the screen fades black but nothing happens after clicking next, so I have to reload VAM. If I try and just reload the scene VAM hangs

Normally I wouldn't complain but this scene takes several minutes to load and you have to go through an intro sequence each time. Can I recommend that if you make another version of this you split the intro into its own scene, that way if you don't want the intro you don't have to load it all and skip it

I am having no luck with this scene, I want to use my own look in it, but I can't even get to the point to try switching unfortunately. Any recommendations to get the menu to not bug out? I keep having an issue where during the intro the menu either doesn't show up so I can't progress, or the screen fades black but nothing happens after clicking next, so I have to reload VAM. If I try and just reload the scene VAM hangs

Normally I wouldn't complain but this scene takes several minutes to load and you have to go through an intro sequence each time. Can I recommend that if you make another version of this you split the intro into its own scene, that way if you don't want the intro you don't have to load it all and skip it
Unfortunately, what you're encountering is a UI bug that can't be resolved at the moment. However, there's a simple workaround to avoid it. After opening a scene, open the Person Atom panel and switch to the Plugin preset panel. You don't need to do anything, just let it display once and then close it. This should completely prevent the situation you described from happening. Please make sure to repeat this action every time you open the scene (if you plan to use your own Look).

Regarding what you mentioned about having to go through the opening introduction every time, after you open the scene and select a language, you can directly choose "Skip Intro". Another simpler way is, after you enter the scene and see the full UI display, save the scene as a new save. By doing this, the conditional triggers during scene loading will by default allow you to completely skip the language setting and subsequent steps. The next time you open it through this save, it won't even show the language selection but will take you directly back to the interface and state you saved.

Simply put, the language choice and other actions you make when opening the scene for the first time are part of a multi-step initialization process for the scene. Once it's completed, if you save it as a new file, the next time you open it through this new file, you won't need to repeat these steps.

Last edited:

Considering the nearly 20GB size of this scene, expecting it to load instantly is not very realistic. However, given the richness of the content it offers and the length of gameplay you can enjoy once you're in, I think it's worth spending some time waiting for it to load.;) Additionally, if you mainly use it in VR, shortly after the release of the second season, I will publish a separate VR/XR/MR version. The loading time for that will be much quicker, likely just a matter of tens of seconds.

Unfortunately, what you're encountering is a UI bug that can't be resolved at the moment. However, there's a simple workaround to avoid it. After opening a scene, open the Person Atom panel and switch to the Plugin preset panel. You don't need to do anything, just let it display once and then close it. This should completely prevent the situation you described from happening. Please make sure to repeat this action every time you open the scene (if you plan to use your own Look).

Regarding what you mentioned about having to go through the opening introduction every time, after you open the scene and select a language, you can directly choose "Skip Intro". Another simpler way is, after you enter the scene and see the full UI display, save the scene as a new save. By doing this, the conditional triggers during scene loading will by default allow you to completely skip the language setting and subsequent steps. The next time you open it through this save, it won't even show the language selection but will take you directly back to the interface and state you saved.

Simply put, the language choice and other actions you make when opening the scene for the first time are part of a multi-step initialization process for the scene. Once it's completed, if you save it as a new file, the next time you open it through this new file, you won't need to repeat these steps.

Thanks for the response! So the issues Im facing are caused by the Plugin Preset panel not being shown? thats a simple fix :D

I plan to save it to a new file once Ive loaded my look and plugins into it :) Unfortunately I couldn't get that far. One time the first voice line played but the ui never came up. another time it went black and nothing happened. then once I miss clicked and that took me to a thank you dialogue that never went away. every time it broke I couldn't just reload the scene I had to shut down VAM and then reload. It was just a frustrating experience, I need to watch the intro to know what to do but I haven't gotten through it. if the intro was a separate scene it would likely load a lot faster, but I didn't mean to imply anything by it. Hopefully the fix will make it work so I can go through the whole thing

Bro,is there a way to make this scene stop changing my vam settings?
Try unchecking "Auto Optimize Performance." I recall that by default, it should only adjust your MSAA, while other physical options will be adjusted for each track if you've enabled the auto-optimize feature. If you find that it's still adjusting other options, please report it as a bug to me. Thank you.

1) "Auto Memory Optimizer" should be enabled by default. Since I have a pc with 64 gigs of RAM and VAM crashes after 3 songs if optimization is not enabled.
2) I don't know how much more efficient one file and all the customizations are than multiple files, but I suppose it's worth considering.
3) It would be great to be able to switch between loading cables with and without slots - just to watch the dance.
4) Based on the set of scripts, it looks like you have a good understanding of VAM. Can you write a script that changes leg coordinates for AcidBubbies.VamTimeline according to the changed model size - leg coordinates do not match if the model is smaller than the default size.

Dreamcatcher - SCREAM - one of the best productions

Last edited:
你们是真正的英雄,让每一个人都得到了无与伦比的体验和感受到了满满的诚意,衷心祝愿越做越好!

1) "Auto Memory Optimizer" should be enabled by default. Since I have a pc with 64 gigs of RAM and VAM crashes after 3 songs if optimization is not enabled.
2) I don't know how much more efficient one file and all the customizations are than multiple files, but I suppose it's worth considering.
3) It would be great to be able to switch between loading cables with and without slots - just to watch the dance.
4) Based on the set of scripts, it looks like you have a good understanding of VAM. Can you write a script that changes leg coordinates for AcidBubbies.VamTimeline according to the changed model size - leg coordinates do not match if the model is smaller than the default size.

Dreamcatcher - SCREAM - one of the best productions

Thank you for your well-considered professional advice! Here are some of my thoughts and responses:

1) At the beginning, I did consider this because the second season does have much higher memory requirements (both physical and virtual memory) compared to the previous versions. However, based on extensive testing done by myself (64GB) and other users, it appears that with sufficient virtual memory allocated, even systems with 32GB of RAM can run it relatively stable. What seems to be crucial in this context, at least from my observation, is virtual memory. I could be wrong, but it appears that VAM tends to offload cache from physical memory to virtual memory when needed. So, if you're experiencing issues with 64GB of RAM, could you check your virtual memory settings? If the problem still persists, please let me know so that I can investigate and assess it more thoroughly.

2) When considering whether to split different content, such as the first and second seasons, into separate scene files or merge them into a single scene file, the main consideration is that I want the content and elements between the two seasons to interact and give users the freedom to customize and switch between preset environments freely (for example, switching the same track between different stage settings instantly). With this in mind, I decided to merge the two seasons into a single scene file.

This approach comes with some trade-offs. It results in longer loading times, higher memory usage, and potential performance impact due to the number of atoms in the scene. However, I view this scene as more than just a quick play for a few minutes – people who enjoy it can spend an entire evening immersed in it. Therefore, longer loading times may be tolerated. In terms of memory, based on testing, it doesn't seem to exceed the limits of most hardware, and I've made efforts to optimize performance as much as possible.

Your thoughts and suggestions in this regard are still valuable because I do need to consider how to handle future content updates. However, I've come up with a solution and have been gradually adjusting the scene and file structure. The third season will most likely exist as a separate scene file but will also be designed to integrate and interact with the content from the first two seasons. This way, users can have a more organized and flexible experience while accommodating new content updates.

3) Sorry, I didn't quite get this message. I may have misunderstood what you're trying to convey.

4) In previous versions, the Control of the Person Atom was controlled by the timeline, which caused alignment issues when replacing character models due to differences in height and proportions. However, in the second season, I added a parent atom to control the Person Atom, allowing you to freely adjust the character's actual position and height relative to the ground while still being controlled by the timeline. I'm not sure if you've tried using the new UI component next to the character for fine-tuning after replacing the character? If you encounter any issues while using it, please let me know if further improvements are needed.

Thank you once again for your constructive thoughts and detailed suggestions! I really hope you can provide more professional insights and assistance to make this scene even better!

By the way, Dreamcatcher's Scream is indeed my personal favorite song. I guess this really shows.

Last edited:
@andrewfiu
The character looks, scenes, and everything is of the highest quality that exists on VaM. If there is a top 3 must-have scene on VaM it is this. Any marketing material for VaM should use this.

That being said, some improvements could be made to the UI and UX. Here are 2 straightforward ones (latest build 69.8):

1. Simplify left-side song selection to 2 sub-interfaces. The first is single-song playback. The second is the custom playlist. For single-song playback, the player can click on any songs listed. However, a green dot check mark, or something, should highlight that song in the interface after loading so there is no question or confusion at all about which song has been loaded. Add a repeat button with display messages "Repeat is now On" & "Repeat is now Off" so 0 confusion. Alternatively, can colour repeat button green when it is on, and grey when it is off. For the custom playlist, players can check multiple songs, and in addition to the repeat button, there is also a shuffle button. Both can be on at the same time.

2. For all of the sections on the right side of the song selection, it needs to be broken down into exactly 3 sub-interfaces, immediately visible when the header button is clicked on: Customize the Character, Customize the Scene, Customize Display Settings. Only one panel will show at any given time, so it is not a Boeing 747 flight instrument panel.

So for this one, basically a simple menu titled Customize with 3 square buttons with images on them, and descriptions beside them: "Character", "Scene", and "Display Settings". Design this from the player/user journey perspective. LUTs and other technical terms are often useless because they are meaningless to various users of different backgrounds. This will instead cater to users' immediate usage needs, without overwhelming them with dozens of options.

When the user clicks on any of the 3 buttons or text areas, then the sub-interface panel will appear. Customize Character interface can then have 2-3 sub-panels section. For example: Toys & Accessories, where the current 6 pink options can go, with additional future additions of different types of plugs, gags, etc.

In the Scene Customization interface, immediately viewable should only be Stage Options. The selected or activated stage option once clicked upon, should have a green dot or something showing clearly that has been selected. Only after this, 1-2 sub-panel on the right should appear. For example, Stage Settings, Environmental Options

Lastly, the Custom Display Settings can include the Camera Movement panel with auto amplification and other settings. Information should be provided for incognito terms such as Base Damping. Test Wave, what they do etc.

TEXTURE/LOOK

Some improvements could be made to the already amazing body texture/torso texture: nipple holes, and consider widening the nipple diameter very slightly (1-2mm only) after adding this super realistic feature.

BUGS

Right now the only shortcut to free cam and time stop is to check Freeze all action after pressing B on the controller, then press F3 to view from a fixed position, then press F2 to enable the panel (not all visible - bugged at the moment on most stages, some have a small panel showing but disappear when coming within a certain distance), then free drag/walk to the model. The menu works fine on desktop, however, so VR users have to constantly switch to the desktop to set settings for the next song/play.

OTHER

The mature Chinese voiceover voice is super hot for me. lol. Whoever it is, very well done. Perfect professional and wifey voice/speaking.
Hi, @andrewfiu

First of all, thank you very much for your detailed review and suggestions. I apologize for the delay in my response, as I was busy with other matters and the updates for the second season. I hope you don't mind. In response, I would like to share some of my thoughts with you.

Your suggestions regarding improvements to the UI are very creative.

The single-track loop playback option and the feature to automatically play the entire list are functionalities I've been considering adding to the user interface, and they are technically feasible. I will consider incorporating them in future updates. As for highlighting the currently selected track, it may be a bit challenging due to the limitations of the VAMStory plugin's current capabilities, but I will explore alternative ways to achieve it. Additionally, your input on the overall UI layout is excellent. In the upcoming update for the third season, I plan to make significant adjustments to the UI layout, and I'll certainly take your ideas into account. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

As for your suggestion to customize the playlist using a checkbox approach, that's a brilliant idea. However, after a quick review, from a technical perspective, I'm not yet sure how to implement it, but it's certainly worth exploring.

Texture/Look

Haha, to be honest, I haven't put too much thought into the default character because I've always assumed that people would replace her according to their preferences. However, your attention to detail will surely make Elsa very happy. I'll see what improvements I can make for her.

Regarding bugs

I realize that VAM is actually “two different software” for desktop and VR modes... So, I'm researching and creating a dedicated VR version, which may take some time because it essentially involves scene re-creation....

Other

The voice you appreciate is generated by AI, and Elsa's Chinese voice is created with the help of Microsoft's Azure Studio. If you're interested, you might want to check it out. I can provide you with the parameters so that you can have her tell you stories all night if you'd like.

In the case that I downloaded all the dependencies and versions correctly, I still can't enter the game correctly, there is only one character

VaM 2024_1_9 7_50_34.png

In the case that I downloaded all the dependencies and versions correctly, I still can't enter the game correctly, there is only one character
There are two possibilities to consider. First, check for session plugins. If you have any such plugins, please remove them and then try again. The second possibility is missing dependencies. Sometimes, even if you think you have all the necessary dependencies, you actually might not, especially when you rely on certain third-party launchers to complete dependencies, or acquire dependencies through channels other than the hub...by the way, when you enter the scene, don’t rush to click >>>; let Elsa speak a few more lines. If you click the button as soon as you see it, there’s a chance you might interrupt some of the trigger executions.

I checked that 225 dependencies were all downloaded, and I removed 69.11 and it works fine with version 69.8

Back
Top Bottom