• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

VAM now completely screwed!

Aminator

Reactions
I don't know what happened but I was just making a new scene. I loaded the supplementary colliders on the male and adjusted them. Then loaded lip sync on the female and then loaded timeline 6 for the first time.
I noticed the mouth wasn't moving when I played the audio file. Then I realized I couldn't move anything on the female.
Now nothing works. If I load a model even in a new scene the body won't move. If I toggle targets on the markers move along with the hair but the visible body does not.
I rebooted and did a hard reset and started new scenes but nothing fixes it.

I just loaded an old scene and it's screws up as well. The only difference is it's the male that's not moving and it has supplementary colliders Soni got a feeling it has something to do with the supplementary colliders plugin.

So here's where things are now. If I load a person atom and then load the lipsync plugin and try to use it the characters body becomes useless and the targets and hair become a seperate entity.
I deleted the lipsync plugin and re-downloaded it but it still happens.
If I load a scene I downloaded on the hub and add lipsync to the character it happens there too.
I rebooted, deleted the cache, and did a hard reset but no luck.

Last edited:
Something like this?

Possibly Freeze active?
Freeze.jpg

It seems to be the RT_LipSync issue. Thanks I would have been a long time finding that. Especially since the problem didn't happen when I added lipsync to the male character. I guess it's because the male has a different set of morphs?
I'm no programmer but I'll try and work through the posts and figure out a solution I can handle.
From what I've read so far deleting the most recently downloaded Vars could fix the problem?

I use lipsync in all my scenes so I'm assuming its something I downloaded yesterday just before it started happening.

Yes, the PHMMouthOpen seems to be female only.
A scan of all your VARs for the PHMMouthOpen morph and deletion would help you not have this problem again, although new VARs may bring it again :(

I went into the morphs folder and did a search (just with windows) for "phmmouth" and found phmmouthopen vmi, vmb, and dsf files. I moved all three to a folder outside of my VAM folder and still have the problem.

I checked the female morphs tab in VAM and I have pose/head/mouth/mouthopen still there.
I'm not sure if that's the same as phmMouthOpen but it doesn't appear in a search. Closest thing is a phmMouthOpenWide .
But these morphs have been there a long time.
Actually I use the pose/head/mouth/MouthOpen slider pretty much every time I use VAM and lipsync. I use it to close the mouth more so that the character doesn't look like an amateur ventriloquist with lipsync when it comes to P's and M's.

Do I have to try and run the PowerShell script or is there more I have to do? Am I going to lose that mouthopen morph even though it was fine before yesterday?

There may be some vars I added yesterday I haven't deleted yet. I keep forgetting they're like zip files so maybe when I open the scene from yesterday it's reinstalling whatevers causing the problem..

Hmm this is just a guess but could it have something to do with the fact that I just followed a tutorial and imported a character from DazStudio for the first time ever a couple days ago?

I noticed in the troubleshooting thread there's a bunch of other morphs listed like VSMAA.vbm and I have a whole load of these types of morphs in a "Product" folder in my morphs/female directory. They all were created a few days ago when I imported the character.
I guess I'll move them and see.

That worked. I moved the whole folder to be safe but problem solved. I probably just needed to delete the ones listed but I'll figure that out later.
Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom