VaM Desktop ReShade + RTGI Guide 2024 + Presets

Guides VaM Desktop ReShade + RTGI Guide 2024 + Presets

Munchyman25

Reactions
Munchyman25 submitted a new resource:

VaM Desktop ReShade + RTGI Guide 2024 + Presets - Step-By-Step Guide for ReShade Desktop + RTGI in VaM

ReShade Guide for VaM

Introduction​

This guide will help you set up ReShade with your VaM install. I will only be discussing ReShade for desktop use as I haven’t tried it with VR. I will include a few of my favorite presets if you want to attain the looks in the pictures included at the end of the guide. Please bear in mind I made these presets on an OLED monitor in HDR so your results may vary, although it should still look good. ReShade presets are all about...

Read more about this resource...

Not sure you need to generate the depth buffer anymore, the latest version of VAM has a userpref for this.
Z.png

Thanks for the guide though, reshade is great to tinker with for some really unique scene setups.

Munchyman25 updated VaM Desktop ReShade + RTGI Guide 2024 + Presets with a new update entry:

Fixed Black Levels for ReShade Presets

I noticed the black levels were sort of off, giving more of a gray appearance. I have tweaked the presets slightly to correct this. I also disabled HDR to tweak these so it should be closer to what the average user will see, although without an OLED monitor you won't be able to obtain perfect black levels unfortunately. The presets have also been renamed. Of course, feel free to use these presets as a template to fit your particular needs.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not sure you need to generate the depth buffer anymore, the latest version of VAM has a userpref for this.
View attachment 358046

Thanks for the guide though, reshade is great to tinker with for some really unique scene setups.
Thanks for the feedback! I've always wondered what that option would be good for, so I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom