Question Unity Terrain export to VaM. Poor quality, need help

TheDinoDidIt

Reactions
Greetings to all members of the community, I ask you for help. (Sorry for my English, I use a translator)
I need to transfer Terrain from Unity to Virt A Mate. When exporting all other objects, such as various buildings, interiors, etc. everything is fine, the quality remains excellent. But when exporting Terrain, the textures become very poor quality (example will be attached).

Badq.png

I also tried to change the settings of Terrain and textures that are used in Terrain, but it didn't affect anything.

Badqset.png

Help please. How can I fix this issue?

Terrain is challenging to import into VAM, because the area of the terrain is large, so the resolution of the material that is applied to the terrain needs to be very high to get good results. Another way might be to increase the tiling numbers for the render shader of the material, the drawback to this is unwanted repetition in the texture. This option is on the right in the screenshots, under the emission button. When you view the terrain in Unity, you are getting dynamic adjustments in the look, and if you zoom in with Unity to the terrain as close as you can, you will see the resolution drop, pic grass 2. When you export the terrain to VAM it is baked as is, and you will see lower resolution. One option might be to use a solid color as a material for the sidewalk and grass, just assign a solid gray material to the sidewalks or solid dark green material for the grass.

grass 1.jpggrass 2.jpg

Upvote 0
Terrain is challenging to import into VAM, because the area of the terrain is large, so the resolution of the material that is applied to the terrain needs to be very high to get good results. Another way might be to increase the tiling numbers for the render shader of the material, the drawback to this is unwanted repetition in the texture. This option is on the right in the screenshots, under the emission button. When you view the terrain in Unity, you are getting dynamic adjustments in the look, and if you zoom in with Unity to the terrain as close as you can, you will see the resolution drop, pic grass 2. When you export the terrain to VAM it is baked as is, and you will see lower resolution. One option might be to use a solid color as a material for the sidewalk and grass, just assign a solid gray material to the sidewalks or solid dark green material for the grass.

View attachment 191337View attachment 191338
Thank you so much for your time spent responding. The "tilling" function of the texture on the terrain does not help, the textures still remain of poor quality when exporting. Apparently, there remains 1 option - to export a terrain with a monotone color, or create a copy of the terrain using ProBuilder (but this only works with flat terrain)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom