Question tracker / followspot light rig?

kinski

Reactions
Hello,
is there a quick way to make a followspot light spot, that autoamtically follows a target by tilting / aiming like you would find for stage lighting etc.?
I found a workaround by linking it to the atom and move with it, but then it moves relative to the target, which gives a similar effect, but is definitely not the same as a true tracked spot light.
Thanks!

I find linking to the persons head control or chest control rather than just the atom gives good results.

Upvote 0
Yes, there is! I use prestigitis_aimConstrain.cs (yes, spelled like that) by prestigitis for that purpose (don't recall where I got it from, sorry. Official discord maybe?). You simply drop the plugin on the lightsource and choose the target from a dropdown menu. Slight drawback is that it's a bit limited in what it can track - in a person atom, it'll track only the control node, not the other bodynodes - you can get around that by spawning e.g. an empty as a substitute target for aimConstrain.cs and parent-linking it to the body node you want tracked.

I use Blazedust's CUAM (that one's here on the Hub) to quickly spawn substitute targets at various positions on the body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom