Question Torch Bug

Origin69

Reactions
I'm making a complex scene with a character holding one of the built in torches, and sometimes when I save the torch light gets bugged and gets brighter and brighter, even when I set the intensity to zero. It's happened a couple of times, and I think it is due to taking the thumbnail image for the save. I've had to replace the torch, but I don't want it happening to other people and breaking my scene lighting. Does anyone know how to fix/avoid this?

I've seen this. The little torch goes nuclear. It's not clear what causes it. A hard reset and reloading the scene will make it go away, until it comes back.

Upvote 0
Thanks spud. I'm in too deep now, I've kept the torch off while animation the scene, so if it bugs out later I'll try and reload.

Upvote 0
It's too late for that. I've made sure that I parent the torch to the hand, and not animated it's motions directly so I can swap it out for a new one if it bugs. I'm not actually using it to light the scene though.

Upvote 0
All I did was put one inside the fireplace in the Winter Loft asset. It wasn't moving or doing anything, but it would get so bright, the whole scene was washed out. There's another way to have the same effect the torch does, but there are more parts. The Adventurer scene I based my recent one on has a flame in the fireplace. The flame is an animated CUA, but it's not the light. The light is a point light with two plugins. One is the Idle Poser to make it move around a bit. The other is the float param randomizer to make the intensity vary. You could probably build a replacement for the builtin torch, but it's annoying that the builtin goes nuts like this.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I would have made my own from the start if I'd known. I'm using other fire assets for the scene anyway which would have looked better, but I've already animated it now, so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. Should be out soon...ish.

Upvote 0
This is why I was concerned about the torch. Desktop only for now.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom