Question There are questions about importing clothing

maxiii

Reactions
Hey, guys
Is there any way to protect DAZ's imported eye mask from eyelashes and eye deformation? The deformation of eyelashes and eyes makes clothes look strange

Whether you can choose to add clothes without being affected by your figure

Because the added clothing will be affected by body deformation, even if I do not select wrap vertices when I add clothing again, the clothing will still have strange changes, which is very different from my previous DAZ import

Thank you :)

I've had some success ensuring that the changes are impacted as little as possible for eyes and face. But its fairly convoluted to do, so this will be a bit of a read. (its also sort of hard to accurately explain all of it in a paragraph or two, so I'm going to assume you know a fair amount about Daz, and 3D modeling in general)

As a precursor: The most important part about importing clothing items, is to ensure there are no additional morphs on the base Person in VaM, and no changes what-so-ever to the base G2F/G2M model in Daz.(this includes global positioning.) If the two are completely alike, then when you import the clothing item, then it should fit quite well. However, when it comes to the eyes, you need to take an additional measure to ensure the clothing item, in no way, goes past the eyelid and enters the zone of the Eyeball (or in-front of it). Clothing that touches the Eyeball mesh, and clothing that touches the eyelid mesh, need to be two separate clothing items. If their meshes touch in anyway, they will begin to deform in odd ways, as (from what I can tell) VaM treats them as two different objects when it comes to the import process. When a single clothing items are touching these two different meshes, where one is highly animated (blinking and rotating), there are bound to be loads of inaccuracies when attempting to wrap the clothing item to it. The main reason we don't see this issue coming up anywhere else on the body, is because the shoulder and thigh area, is commonly not being morphed drastically, and has far less vertices then the Eyelids.

What I did when I imported my items for the face, I first actually took the G2F model, and removed all the vertices/surfaces of the model, except for the face, and then deleted the Surface for the Eyeball. This left me with what looked like a "mask". The main benefit to this "mask," is that now you know the precise location of where your mesh needs to touch. In-fact, if your were to just import that "mask" directly into VaM, it will perfectly lineup with the characters face so well that they slightly clip through each other. By slightly adjusting the Offset of this "mask" in VaM, you now actually have an acting Alpha layer that's a clothing item, where you can apply blush/make-up and what-not via diffuse and alpha textures, for animate-able skin Decals!..(I digress).. What this means for you though, is that you can now use this "mask" of the G2F/G2M face, to merge your item your wanting to import with (or small parts of it) in-order to perfect align your clothing piece with the Person's face. VaM will now import your item with a better understanding of where to attach it. You can just create alpha textures to remove the areas that are in contact with the skin, and you will have a perfectly aligned clothing piece for the face, think of it like tape.. The alternative method (if do you don't want to go through the process of creating new alpha textures,) is to use the "Mask" of the G2F/G2M model, to get your clothing item as close as possible to, (and ensure that nothing actually pokes through, or overlaps into,) the eyeball area. Then when you import your item, it should go in with far less abnormalities.
Again though, its important that your clothing item does not stray too far from the surface of the eyelid area. Because its highly animated and constricts and extends the vertices constantly, anything that gets too far will quickly become abnormally deformed. And at that point, the only way to resolve it is to utilize the Clothing Simulation in VaM. But this will cause a major performance loss, because every single time your Person now blinks, VaM has to go through rigorous simulation calculations in-order to keep up with the sudden movements that the clothing piece is going through.

Hope this helped in some way :)(y)
PS: Sorry it quickly became a short novel. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
I've had some success ensuring that the changes are impacted as little as possible for eyes and face. But its fairly convoluted to do, so this will be a bit of a read. (its also sort of hard to accurately explain all of it in a paragraph or two, so I'm going to assume you know a fair amount about Daz, and 3D modeling in general)

As a precursor: The most important part about importing clothing items, is to ensure there are no additional morphs on the base Person in VaM, and no changes what-so-ever to the base G2F/G2M model in Daz.(this includes global positioning.) If the two are completely alike, then when you import the clothing item, then it should fit quite well. However, when it comes to the eyes, you need to take an additional measure to ensure the clothing item, in no way, goes past the eyelid and enters the zone of the Eyeball (or in-front of it). Clothing that touches the Eyeball mesh, and clothing that touches the eyelid mesh, need to be two separate clothing items. If their meshes touch in anyway, they will begin to deform in odd ways, as (from what I can tell) VaM treats them as two different objects when it comes to the import process. When a single clothing items are touching these two different meshes, where one is highly animated (blinking and rotating), there are bound to be loads of inaccuracies when attempting to wrap the clothing item to it. The main reason we don't see this issue coming up anywhere else on the body, is because the shoulder and thigh area, is commonly not being morphed drastically, and has far less vertices then the Eyelids.

What I did when I imported my items for the face, I first actually took the G2F model, and removed all the vertices/surfaces of the model, except for the face, and then deleted the Surface for the Eyeball. This left me with what looked like a "mask". The main benefit to this "mask," is that now you know the precise location of where your mesh needs to touch. In-fact, if your were to just import that "mask" directly into VaM, it will perfectly lineup with the characters face so well that they slightly clip through each other. By slightly adjusting the Offset of this "mask" in VaM, you now actually have an acting Alpha layer that's a clothing item, where you can apply blush/make-up and what-not via diffuse and alpha textures, for animate-able skin Decals!..(I digress).. What this means for you though, is that you can now use this "mask" of the G2F/G2M face, to merge your item your wanting to import with (or small parts of it) in-order to perfect align your clothing piece with the Person's face. VaM will now import your item with a better understanding of where to attach it. You can just create alpha textures to remove the areas that are in contact with the skin, and you will have a perfectly aligned clothing piece for the face, think of it like tape.. The alternative method (if do you don't want to go through the process of creating new alpha textures,) is to use the "Mask" of the G2F/G2M model, to get your clothing item as close as possible to, (and ensure that nothing actually pokes through, or overlaps into,) the eyeball area. Then when you import your item, it should go in with far less abnormalities.
Again though, its important that your clothing item does not stray too far from the surface of the eyelid area. Because its highly animated and constricts and extends the vertices constantly, anything that gets too far will quickly become abnormally deformed. And at that point, the only way to resolve it is to utilize the Clothing Simulation in VaM. But this will cause a major performance loss, because every single time your Person now blinks, VaM has to go through rigorous simulation calculations in-order to keep up with the sudden movements that the clothing piece is going through.

Hope this helped in some way :)(y)
PS: Sorry it quickly became a short novel. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you very much for answering me
Thank you

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom