Tattoo Pack 6

Textures Tattoo Pack 6

K}P~IED%NNG_[86`(1OP[)M.png

1. Place all your tattoos, or the ones you want to package, under the \Custom\Textures folder. You can organize them into categories.

RE8I{IG3`TFZ3UJ9{9R{Z0U.png

2. If you haven't done so, then open VAM, go to Misc, and change the creator's name to your own name (consistent with your hub ID). In this case, it should be wanderer

6]7CMUTQND6ZB)3KNMW3N77.png

3. Open the package builder, name the package, then add the files or folders you want to package into the Content selection box. You can change the copyright licensing method and so on according to your needs. Then click 'Prep Package'.

1Z4F}3NC3WR3]_J{3Z6D6Z8.png

4. Finally, click 'Finalize Package' to complete the packaging and upload it to the Hub.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 164529.png

Additionally, it’s worth mentioning that if the free resources you upload are not in .var format, they will not be displayed by default in the Hub feature within the VAM game client, because they are not considered Hub hosted. This could cause the things you have put a lot of effort into to miss out on many exposure opportunities. Most of the people I know actually access the Hub most frequently through the client...

Screenshot 2023-11-14 164550.png

Unless you change the filter condition to 'external' or other types, it will then be displayed.

@wanderer Hello! To add to the .var packaging instructions, it would be beneficial to put the files in this folder (or a sub-folder within here) instead:
Custom\Atom\Person\Textures

This way, when editing the Skin of a person you can find these textures in the .var file.
With these files you uploaded, you cannot find the textures to add the skin decals. Your packages wont show up because the files are not in that folder:
1700181776959.png

Hi @bill_prime. Thanks for pointing that out. I will update the packages again and upload them with proper folder structure.
Completely new to this, so thats for the help and patience.

Just a question to both of you @bill_prime and @Shadow Venom - whats the expected outcome?
Lets say i packaged the files as these
Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\wanderer.tattoopsck.1\limbs.png and torso.png
When someones downloads the var and tries to add the tattoos as difuse decals in skin, when they browse for the file, will my folder wanderer.tattoopack. show up directly in the default Custom\Atom\Person\Textures directory? Is this the expected and desired outcome?

Just a question to both of you @bill_prime and @Shadow Venom - whats the expected outcome?
Lets say i packaged the files as these
Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\wanderer.tattoopsck.1\limbs.png and torso.png
When someones downloads the var and tries to add the tattoos as difuse decals in skin, when they browse for the file, will my folder wanderer.tattoopack. show up directly in the default Custom\Atom\Person\Textures directory? Is this the expected and desired outcome?

When a user goes to edit a Person -> Skin Textures (Select Torso Decal), it will only show the .var packages that have images in the Custom\Atom\Person\Textures folder.
So if you put the files in Custom\Atom\Person\Textures\wanderer.tattoopsck.1\limbs.png then your package will show up to choose the textures.

Sorry for overlooking the issue with the folder earlier, bill_prime's correction is right.

Back
Top Bottom