Question Stick CUA to the hand.

void

Reactions
Sorry for flooding the forum with questions. So much I try so much not working the way I wish.

I have a CUA, lets say a sword. I "select align from scene", do a direction and location fine tuning and voilà, there it is. I parent link it to the atoms rhand control and... it simply does not stick, moving out of the hand each time I move the hand. Ok, I take another "professional" model with a CUA perfectly workin in lhand, put another CUA on rhand and check the settings to learn, aha, "comply pos treshold", "speed" and "comply rot treshold" on 100%. Physics control the same, Physics Objects the same settings.

It simply does not work with "my" CUA!

Ok, so perhaps some CUA do, some don't? So I add another one of the original, working lhand CUA to the rhand with the same Control and Physics setting.
It simply does not work with the same CUA!

What slider or button or a magic word I am missing? How to get a CUA stick to one's hand, foot, mouth or whatever? There is no plugin like Superglue or the other one from Macgruber in the scene (btw I couldn't get them to work neither),

So, only this one CUA won't stick? I can't say I've ever experienced that, but CUA's are mysterious things to me. Have you tried Rubberleash? It probably works similarly to Superglue but...

Upvote 0
I tried it with two different, one is this MacGruber's BDSM toy. Even that he recommends using ParentLinkHold plugin for animations I am not at all so far yet. I just grab the hand and the hand moves a bit but the CUA moves like double.

I did not try Rubberleash yet. I just don't understand why it works here and does not there.

Upvote 0
I tried that toy as a Parent link to the hand, wiggled the shit out of it and it was all fine. Tried then with the ParentHoldLink plugin and also good.
The ParentHoldLink is pretty simple to use. You add it on the toy (plugins), set link to (person > hand or something) change the control to Hold instead of On, and that's it.
What problem do you face with it?

Upvote 0
I'll try again tomorrow. I just want to stick it to the rhand. When I move the hand, the CUA moves the same direction, but out of the hand. Despite I had Parent link to the hand control, Physic link to the rhand control or even hold (stays in place) with the plugin on the CUA.

Upvote 0
don't pair it with rhand control. the control node moves different than the body part. you need to pair it with rhand (without the "control"... just rhand). And you should definitely use the ParentHoldLink - addon, so the "weight" (idk how to describe this) of the cua doesn't affect the movement, otherwise you would have to lower a shitload of sliders down to zero.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
don't pair it with rhand control. the control node moves different than the body part. you need to pair it with rhand (without the "control"... just rhand). And you should definitely use the ParentHoldLink - addon, so the "weight" (idk how to describe this) of the cua doesn't affect the movement, otherwise you would have to lower a shitload of sliders down to zero.
Good shout, a important difference 👍

Upvote 0
ahhh... right. That was not so clever. Ofc the control controls the hand and the hand is following with some treshold and spring stuff. I have to connect it to the hand. And I missed that on the original, right figure it wasn't the control, but the hand. And I missed looking closely... I should have seen the two green "parent to" circles near the hand in 2D and should check why.

A big thank you!

I just tested and it worked! :)

Thanks Ivam, I somehow missed also your post I think. Too little sleep over here.

Upvote 0
Nice to see that it helped :) and you didn't miss my post, look at the time, it simply moved up because it got upvoted xD

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom