• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
SoundFromAssetBundle

Plugins SoundFromAssetBundle

everlaster

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
patreon.com
Twitter
everlasterVR
Patreon
everlaster
everlaster submitted a new resource:

SoundFromAssetBundle - Modified version of SoundFromAB by MacGruber. Play next and prev, autoplay, shuffle.

Additions to the SoundFromAB LogicBrick from MacGruber.LogicBricks.14.var:
  • AutoPlay popup (can be triggered as well)
    • Off: default, playback stops when clip ends
    • Next: next clip from the assetbundle folder plays when the clip ends
    • Shuffle: a random clip from the assetbundle folder plays when the clip ends
  • PlayNext trigger action plays the next clip in the folder. However, if Shuffle is selected, it plays a random clip...

Read more about this resource...

Question: does this allow me to shuffle all songs, and then iterate through that (shuffled) list by triggering a play for each song?

Or does a play trigger, give me a random song?

The key is, that the former would prevent songs being played more than once, since the whole list would be played through first. The latter would potentially play the same song twice.

@pinosante The shuffle feature uses the PlayRandom logic of the original SoundFromAB script. It only prevents playing the same song twice, it doesn't generate a random order for the folder and then play in the random order. However, that would be a cool feature and probably not too hard to implement.

@pinosante The shuffle feature uses the PlayRandom logic of the original SoundFromAB script. It only prevents playing the same song twice, it doesn't generate a random order for the folder and then play in the random order. However, that would be a cool feature and probably not too hard to implement.
Ah thanks for the explanation. That feature would be pretty cool! I have some conversational remarks as audio files and it just sounds super unnatural if a character literally says the same thing twice within a minute of talking :).

Ah thanks for the explanation. That feature would be pretty cool! I have some conversational remarks as audio files and it just sounds super unnatural if a character literally says the same thing twice within a minute of talking :).

Yeah. I think a good solution would be just to make the number of how many previously played clips to prevent from playing again a configurable setting, i.e. when picking a random clip, prevent picking any of the last 10 for example. This would work with both the PlayRandom trigger, and the shuffle feature (which is fundamentally an autoplay feature).

Yeah. I think a good solution would be just to make the number of how many previously played clips to prevent from playing again a configurable setting, i.e. when picking a random clip, prevent picking any of the last 10 for example.
Oh that would also be a nice fix. Except that you have to check that if you configure that to 100 and there are only 90 clips, it would loop indefinitely, trying to find a clip. But that's easily checked for.

Back
Top Bottom