Question So what EXACTLY is a template?

BlackMagic

Reactions
How is different from just using (altering) a scene? Not all scenes have the template button so there must be something going on.

template​

or tem·plet​

[ tem-plit ]SHOW IPA

noun
  1. a pattern, mold, or the like, usually consisting of a thin plate of wood or metal, serving as a gauge or guide in mechanical work.
  2. anything that determines or serves as a pattern; a model:You can use my notes as a template for employee evaluations.

Usually a scene made to create other scenes by adding parts like a environment, etc.

To what template button are you refering to?

Upvote 0
Ya, I know the definition of the word. Some scenes in the VAM browser have a "use as template" checkbox. What is the diff if I load & edit & change a scene versus Opening it as a template? Obviously haven't tried it yet - too many other distractions keeping me busy.

Upvote 0
I think all scenes have that option if I'm not mistaken. You can find the template browser button below the Scene Browser's in the UI.
The difference is that if you mark it with "add as template" it shows in the template browser window. As you can't have categories in the Scene Browser the Template Browser can be seen as a special filter browser to quickly access those scenes.
Mind you they don't have to be template like scenes, you can use it as you like.

Upvote 0
Ahhh, well that answers that. I have taken to using Browser Assist lately, as it does allow tagging. Thanks for clarity.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom