Question Save changes in a VAR

Kniffo

Reactions
I have a question that might not be that difficult to answer. If I download a VAR of a scene in which, for example, the woman's hair is missing as a dependency. If I now take hair from the ones I have in my library and then want to save with this hair in the VAR, how do I do that? And if I want to swap women in a scene and then want to save it in the VAR, how do I do that? And what if the scene also has sub-scenes?
and if the scene is saved as json how do I do that in every sup scene the woman is swapped?

About VARs:
If you change the original VAR it won't be the same anymore. This means that if it's a dependency of another resource and you change whatever the other resource needed from the VAR, it won't find it anymore.
Tipically scenes are not dependencies for other resources, so that might be ok, but if there's a update to that VAR you would have to change it again for whatever reason you first did.

About local scenes:
Say you open a scene from a VAR, make changes and save it. It's now on your local /Saves/scene folder. If you open the json file you saved, it will have references to the VAR it came from for certain things, other VAR references for others, etc. You could potentially overwrite the original VAR's scene file with this one (with the "about VARs" caveats) if you wanted to as well, but as a local scene file it would also work as long as the references in it exist.

A VAR is mainly targeted at packaging, referencing other VARs, and distribution. If you're just having fun locally and not going to share it, local saves will work just fine as long as you don't remove what they reference inside.

Upvote 0
I have now taken an intro scene that has following sub scenes. In this one, the hair of a woman was missing as a dependency. I take a hairstyle that I had in VAM and saved this intro scene locally under saves. After loading, the woman also had this hair, but it was missing again in the sub-scenes. How do I save it that this hair is also present in ALL sub-scenes?

Upvote 0
You do it on all scenes.
You will also need to update whatever links there are to other scenes to go instead to your newly saved scenes instead, or else they go to the scenes inside the VAR.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom