Question Reverting textures

brynhildr93

Reactions
Twitter
brynhildr93
Greetings!
I tried to ask several times over discord in some user's servers but to no avail (probably they don't know, there's no way or go figure), so I'm here hoping for the best.
My question is: is it possible to revert the texture used for VaM models into daz textures again? Or it's only one way around, so the guide for making textures through the blender template from daz to vam, and that's it?
(also I don't know if someone already asked this. If yes, I apologize)

Appreciated for the answers!

The built-in models are locked, you can't get those due to licensing reasons.
For models coming from VARs made by someone else, yeah, just open the VAR and take the texture files.

Upvote 0
The built-in models are locked, you can't get those due to licensing reasons.
For models coming from VARs made by someone else, yeah, just open the VAR and take the texture files.
I was mainly talking about custom vars, not much default models yeah.

The problem however is that:
- some var's doesn't have textures because probably they're.. sort of "built-in" into the model? Like I don't know how it exactly works. In some you have only decals and normals and stuff like that
- the majority of the textures, if you know the tutorial I mentioned, are merged. Like the arms and legs are merged into "limbs" and not separated and the ears and torso are merged together into the "body/torso" and daz doesn't work with that. That's why I asked if there was a way to revert everything did and getting like the daz textures such as arms, legs, body, face, ears and so on.

Upvote 0
Ah
Well, no idea if it's possible to revert, I barely know anything of Daz.
At least for the source textures in a VAR, those you can get, and hopefully you find a way to do the reversion. If the textures are not on a specific VAR, then they're coming from another VAR set as a dependency. If you open the scene json or appearance preset vap you can search for the path where the textures come from.

Upvote 0
With the exception of the female gens, the character atoms in Vam use the G2 character UV mapping from Daz. The arms and legs are in one image file in Daz. They are not separate. The ears and back of the head are with the torso. The face is separate. Some of the models from Daz do have UV maps that are slightly different. If you use the wrong one, this will show up as gaps, like near the shoulders. Not sure what issue you're having. On the male models, Daz texture files for G2 work generally as-is. Female textures work too, but they have to be 4K x 4K to autogenerate the gens.

Some vars in Vam use a base texture set that's built-in with decals and normals added on top. It's easy to find out if this is the case. Load up the character in question, then go to Skin Select. Page through the tabs to see if something other than "Custom" is selected. If one is selected, then that is a base skin set built in to Vam that you cannot extract.

Upvote 0
With the exception of the female gens, the character atoms in Vam use the G2 character UV mapping from Daz. The arms and legs are in one image file in Daz. They are not separate. The ears and back of the head are with the torso. The face is separate. Some of the models from Daz do have UV maps that are slightly different. If you use the wrong one, this will show up as gaps, like near the shoulders. Not sure what issue you're having. On the male models, Daz texture files for G2 work generally as-is. Female textures work too, but they have to be 4K x 4K to autogenerate the gens.

Some vars in Vam use a base texture set that's built-in with decals and normals added on top. It's easy to find out if this is the case. Load up the character in question, then go to Skin Select. Page through the tabs to see if something other than "Custom" is selected. If one is selected, then that is a base skin set built in to Vam that you cannot extract.
I only realized now that I never, ever, legit tried to look for the daz texture and how are they built. I always assumed that the G2 was like the G3 and so on and for VaM, the method of converting the textures from g8 to g2 to be usable in VaM, was made in another way that only the program could've read.
Only now that you mentioned I went into the textures folder of the G2 female of Daz library and noticed that they're exactly the same with no difference.

This was a mistake on my end honestly. Never realized it until now.

Upvote 0
When I first started with this thing, I asked a question that I immediately answered myself with, "Doh! There's a button for that." :LOL: It was the button to save the auto-generated female gens texture to the root folder.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom