• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Reflections

Assets Reflections 3

Norm

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I think it would be ideal if you describe more how to use it. I do not have idea what to do with files you provide. :)

I think it would be ideal if you describe more how to use it. I do not have idea what to do with files you provide. :)
Well, then, for starters, I would like to know if you know how to add CustomUnityAsset to the scene?

Reflections are added to the scene just like any other CustomUnityAsset.
What are reflections for?
The fact is that CustomUnityAsset does not support the reflections that act in the game and can be seen on glossy clothes and the body. This is especially noticeable if the CustomUnityAsset has metal materials, without my reflections, any metal in such an asset will look black. Therefore, I made reflections that you can add to your scene and all assets with metal materials will automatically take on the appearance of metals.

p.s.
In addition, you can use these reflections in conjunction with the MacGruber Essentials ( SkyMagic ) plugin, then reflections will be added not only to assets, but to clothing and body, this will add reflections to everything in the game. And your scene in which there is an asset will acquire a general shade, there will be a holistic view.

i know how to add CUA and kinda how to create them in Unity, but i do it kinda withouth understanding all proces how textures and reflection works :)
Just to be sure i add via add CUA button and select your files yes?

so if i add such a reflection it would work for all objects that has reflection on during creation proces in Unity ? so if there are multiple objects it all has same reflection hmmm texture ? what with person atoms ? it already has some reflections texture visible if i tune gloss and specular bars for person. ? is it other file or adding your file will replace it ? and lastly how to create such textures? it would be cool to some scene to add such "scene" reflection instead of som baked fromother scnee one.

THQ :)

i know how to add CUA and kinda how to create them in Unity, but i do it kinda withouth understanding all proces how textures and reflection works :)
Just to be sure i add via add CUA button and select your files yes?

so if i add such a reflection it would work for all objects that has reflection on during creation proces in Unity ? so if there are multiple objects it all has same reflection hmmm texture ? what with person atoms ? it already has some reflections texture visible if i tune gloss and specular bars for person. ? is it other file or adding your file will replace it ? and lastly how to create such textures? it would be cool to some scene to add such "scene" reflection instead of som baked fromother scnee one.

THQ :)
Yes, just add the reflection to the scene as an asset.

If you are familiar with Unity, then my asset contains a Reflection probe, which is roughly speaking an environment baked in a panoramic image. All materials you create in Unity reflect something by default, and those reflections are taken from the Reflection probe. The glossier the material, the more noticeable the reflections. All objects from CustomUnityAsset will reflect the same environment if you place my reflection next to them.
For a person and clothes, the Reflection probe from CustomUnityAsset will not work.
But there is a plugin MacGruber Essentials ( SkyMagic ) that can add a custom Skybox to the scene, then the reflections will be absolutely on all atoms of the scene, including the person. This plugin can take reflections from my asset and create a skybox out of them. True, such a Skybox will be of very low resolution, but it is enough for reflections of this quality.

Back
Top Bottom