• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Putting custom tattoo on back issues.

Poli5

Reactions
How do i make a back tattoo? Tried putting it directly on to the skin in GIMP and also tried decal maker plugin, but the problem is the same. The issue is the texture joints at the back (edges joining)

Last edited:
The best way I've found is to texture paint it in blender. Search "blender texture paint image as stencil", theres loads of good tutorials.
You can use the genesis 2 model, or If your look has a different waist or body shape from the standard character you can get it to fit better without stretching if you export the look you want from vam as an .obj and import that into blender.

The best way I've found is to texture paint it in blender. Search "blender texture paint image as stencil", theres loads of good tutorials.
You can use the genesis 2 model, or If your look has a different waist or body shape from the standard character you can get it to fit better without stretching if you export the look you want from vam as an .obj and import that into blender.
Thanks Origin06. Will look into it. It sounds more complex than i'd hoped it to be, but hey, maybe it will work, and maybe i can get a good work flow and be able to implement it to other things.

Good luck. It's a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it you can use it for loads of things.

One awkward thing though; Vam uses three main textures for the model (Torso, Limbs, Face), but when you export a model from here or daz it splits them up into loads of material slots, the torso material slot doesn't include the neck, hips, nips etc. even though they are all from the same texture. If you are doing a large design or whole skin texture its best to select all the parts to a texture in edit mode and assign them to new material and create a new image texture for them.

3 new materials to make...

Face texture - (from material slots - Face, Lips, Nostrils)
Torso Texture - (from material slots - Head, Torso, Neck, Hips, Ears.)
Limbs Texture - (from material slots - Hands, Feet, Legs, Forearms, Fingernails, Toenails, Shoulders.)

There are also material slots for the eyes, eyelashes and and mouth. I just select them all and delete them from the model so they don't get in the way when painting on the face.
One that is done you can delete all of the original materials.

Have a go, it's a useful skill to be able to make pretty much anything you can think of. It's how I do almost all of my texture work, even for clothing.

Ask if you need any help.

If you're still struggling, feel free to post the image of your tattoo design and I'll paint it for you when I get a chance. (but I'd rather teach a man to fish.)

It sounds like a good skill to have. I don't have much experience with blender though, but with some tutorials it should work out. I will give it a go.

Id rather learn to fish myself, but thank you for the offer! I got loads of models that needs some custom back tattoos, so i should learn it myself either way.

Back
Top Bottom