Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
yameteouji.com
Twitter
YameteOuji
Patreon
YameteOuji
It's the best environment i've seen so far. Great job!

My only point of critique is, that the diffuse maps (or some other asset lighting parameters?) seem to be very bright by itself, so it's not possible to get dark shadows within vam.
Of course the scene has to be brightly lit for it to make logical sense with all the neon lights around, however i think it would be better to make the base asset as dark as possible (without loosing texture detail or creating other problems) and then use vam lighting to get it to a good level. This way you could actually get dark shadows where it would be realistic.

Keep up the good work!

It's the best environment i've seen so far. Great job!

My only point of critique is, that the diffuse maps (or some other asset lighting parameters?) seem to be very bright by itself, so it's not possible to get dark shadows within vam.
Of course the scene has to be brightly lit for it to make logical sense with all the neon lights around, however i think it would be better to make the base asset as dark as possible (without loosing texture detail or creating other problems) and then use vam lighting to get it to a good level. This way you could actually get dark shadows where it would be realistic.

Keep up the good work!
That makes a lot of sense! I'll try messing with that either with this asset or future environment asset. The lack of darker shadows has bugged me about this one. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Hi
When I open the scene I get small black box just on the right side of the scene. This the only so far I could see that box

Back
Top Bottom