• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Particle Pack #12 Visualizers Fogs Poles Hearts n more

Assets Particle Pack #12 Visualizers Fogs Poles Hearts n more 1

Xstatic

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hey static, appreciate your work.

i was tinkering around with a concept for a timeline scene last night..
i was having trouble with finding ways to trigger a particle effect to appear and then disappear without changing the position.

the particle begins it's animation as soon as it's turned on, which is exactly what i need.
but if i relocate the atom from it's ON position, i have to rely on random timing for the effect.

just wondering if there are any tips and tricks you may have learned.

As far as I know theres no way to make the particle turn off at a certain point without the particles just disappearing instantly and being kind of jarring to viewer. I wanted a way to turn off and then the animation plays out and then disappears but i couldnt find any way to do this. I am not sure if that is what you mean

yeah kinda

just for context, im try to get a character to appear through a portal, or at least a haze of flashy effects.
the portal appears, then the character, then the portal disappears.

the character is perfectly possible, timeline has made this very easy.
but timeline will stop running on any atom which is turned off via atom control triggers.

i got stumped on it for a while, frantically browsing my enormous library of plugins for a solution.

I am sorry I am not sure about that I didnt know that timeline stopped when atom is turned off. But why is that a problem for the particle? Are you talking about the timeline plugin or vams animation timeline?

I am sorry I am not sure about that I didnt know that timeline stopped when atom is turned off. But why is that a problem for the particle? Are you talking about the timeline plugin or vams animation timeline?
timeline plugin

So, CUA atom with desired particle. Load timeline plugin, create trigger under "atom control" "on".
As soon as the atom is turned off, timeline locks itself, clearly stating that an atom turned off cannot be used.

this is where im stuck, ill send acid a PM and see what he says

Oh ok sorry I havent used the timeline plugin enough to know any work around he would be best for that. If he doesnt have a solution you might try just the vam timeline itself for the particle part ive used that to turn particles cua on and off.

Back
Top Bottom