Out of nowhere strange problems with Virtual Desktop and Steamvr

nomannoname

Reactions
So, never had issues before, but essentially it is like this
I have a quest 3 and use virtual desktop, I used to be able to launch the game via steam with openvr no problem, and I could emulate index controllers and get finger tracking (since one of the recent updates).
Now however the controllers don't show up in VAM anymore, even though they do show up in SteamVR, including the trackers, now I've tried enabling "show steamvr controllers" while in desktop mode, and enabled them in settings also, but neither worked, the settings for the "index controllers" for vam are set correctly, set to index and default, when I test the emulated controllers in the steamvr settings they work fine.. I have also tried disabling steamvr home as was suggested by someone, and don't have VAM installed in the root folder, which was another possible cause I saw, none of these things....
Then, on top of that, launching the game directly through virtual desktop wether by right clicking the VDS icon and launching the binary, or by using a bat file causes horrendous stuttering, weirdly enough the latency is only 34ms, and the framerate is 90fps, yet it looks like maybe 10fps if not less, even in the menu.
Long story short, I have tried pretty much anything I can think of but nothing works, the game is unplayable for me now and I don't understand what caused it..
Anybody got any ideas or suggestions of what I can try?

Fyi: using it through wired oculus link the performance is perfectly fine (and no it's not network latency, overall wireless latency is very low, no spikes)

Last edited:
Have you try to lunch without controller on, I have the same problem, but it only work when I turn on my controller, when in VAM.

Have you try to lunch without controller on, I have the same problem, but it only work when I turn on my controller, when in VAM.
Hmno I haven't tried that yet, when using steamvr you mean? I have q3 controllers though I don't think there's an on/off button, I'd have to take out the batteries, but i'll give it a try

My experience is similar when I forget to turn my PC's 5G antenna on and end up running off of my router's 2.4G signal

Back
Top Bottom