• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Orientation.

Wintergulls

Reactions
Whenever I open VamX in VR the start/main menu appears directly behind me. The first time I sat for quite a long time staring into the empty greyness waiting for it to load. I eventually looked behind me and realised what had happened. Whatever is causing this I think is having a knock on effect in other places, I load into scenes facing away from the atoms, when I embody an atom I am usually looking out of the back of its head or sometimes the side. By the time I have turned, my limbs or the other atoms limbs are all out of place. When I start VAMX I open the updater and click on the Open Vamx VR button as it said to do, my headset (a meta quest 2) is facing forward and my controllers are pointing forward. Some app have center view button to bring the opening to the front but I have not seen that mentioned on the forums and I tried the normal things in VR. Am I missing something obvious?

In case anyone else new to VAM or VR get this problem, I thought I'd add what I did about this which has largely sorted it. Its to do with the initial set up of your headset (Mega Quest 2 in my case I don't know if others have the same). Theres a rather unclear instruction, something about looking or extending your controller toward your monitor... this is really telling the headset the default front. My monitor is in a pokey little corner and my play area isnt facing it. You can use the quick menu to reset your front for a session but it does seem to revert when you restart the headset. So I just reset my front when I sit down to play.

Been waiting for a reply to this post, what do you mean when you say use quick menu to reset your front ?

When you are in your Meta Quest Home and not connected to the Quest link, you will see your menu and the little dashboard underneath it. Hover over the panel that has the Date, Internet Connection and Battery icons and a tool tip will pop up saying Quick Settings, clicking this will bring up the screen you see in the attached pic. Click the reset view icon and it should direct you to look ahead and confirm.
quick settings.png

Back
Top Bottom