Plugins Oh My Buttons

S

SPQR

SPQR submitted a new resource:

Oh My Buttons - trigger buttons when other buttons get clicked; trigger buttons directly from triggers

View attachment 135898

DESCRIPTION
- Plugin must be added to UIButtons
- you can select in it another button from the scene
- when the button that has the plugin gets clicked, it will also trigger the selected button
- can be added multiple times to trigger multiple buttons like in the demo
- you can also trigger a button that has OMB by setting a trigger to it UIButton > plugin > Action = Trigger

Use it as you please. Support me on patreon if you want me to make more...

Read more about this resource...

Small issue, if I make Button 1 turn the cube on, and Button 2 turn the cube off in the demo, then the plugin doesn't work correctly, the ohmybutton atom will get stuck only doing one action. Other than this, the plugin is amazing for toggling

Small issue, if I make Button 1 turn the cube on, and Button 2 turn the cube off in the demo, then the plugin doesn't work correctly, the ohmybutton atom will get stuck only doing one action. Other than this, the plugin is amazing for toggling

That's what the plugin is supposed to do! If you have a button that triggers button1 (atom.on) & button2(atom.off) then everytime you click it, both button1 & button2 will get triggered in that order so the atom will always be off. It will turn on & off very quickly basically.

This plugin lets you:
A (green in demo). select other buttons to get triggered along with the parent button that has the plugin. Added this for stuff like this https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/looking-for-button-click-plug-in.23466
Example: You have Button1. You add 3 OMB plugins with Button2, Button3, Button4 selected. Now when you click Button1, all the other 3 buttons will get triggered as well
B (yellow in demo). trigger an UIbutton from any other trigger which to my knowledge couldn't be done in VAM until now. Added that for stuff like this https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/triggering-a-ui-button-click.5736/
Example: trigger buttons from other plugins, triggers, collisions etc. like this MyUIButton > Plugin#ohmybuttons > Actions > Trigger

I don't understand what you're trying to do with toggling, I'm not sure how this plugin could help with that, if I'm missing something let me know

I get it, sorry I have to change the way I think about it, I was trying to call each plugin inside the atom , instead of realizing the whole point is to click the button, I have to keep up with the new feature xD

oh, i see what you mean. no, that makes sense and could be helpful. It's actually a very quick change, i'll add that too

added something for that too

thanks for briging it to my attention! I didn't think about that use case

Back
Top Bottom