My Computer Slows Down After Using Virt-A-Mate for a While: Seeking Help

Reactions
Issue Description:
  • The computer experiences significant slowdowns after using Virt-A-Mate for some time.
  • Even after closing Virt-A-Mate, the computer remains slow.
  • Basic tasks such as closing web browsers and opening Task Manager become sluggish during these slowdowns.
  • Despite the slowdown, mouse movement remains normal.

Use Task Manager (Windows) to see where your hardware resources are being used and what the cause may be.

Use Task Manager (Windows) to see where your hardware resources are being used and what the cause may be.
  • Task Manager shows normal resource usage (CPU, GPU, disk, and RAM) during slowdowns, with no unusually high utilization.
  • When I'm using Virt-A-Mate, it feels like my computer is running at an incredibly slow speed, as if the screen is updating 1 FPS. However, on the screen, Virt-A-Mate shows that it's running at 30-50 FPS according to the RivaTuner Statistics Server. This means that even though Virt-A-Mate displays 30-50 FPS, it's actually moving at a much slower rate, closer to 1 FPS in reality. This slow performance doesn't just affect Virt-A-Mate; my entire computer.

You can try updating your graphics drivers.
What's your system like?

My graphics drivers are up to date.

System Specifications:
  • Operating System: Windows 11
  • Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7-12700F @ 2.10 GHz
  • Graphics Card (GPU): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • RAM (Memory): 16 GB
  • Storage: SSD

Seems ok. Your RAM is limited but as you are not using VR that's probably fine for most scenes.
If Task Manager doesn't show any excessive numbers I have no idea what it could be.

Seems ok. Your RAM is limited but as you are not using VR that's probably fine for most scenes.
If Task Manager doesn't show any excessive numbers I have no idea what it could be.
Thanks for your help.

This issue is really puzzling for me. My first thought was that maybe my RAM isn't enough, so I focused on checking the RAM usage in Task Manager before and after the slowdown. Everything seemed normal. Then, I considered the possibility of my GPU or CPU overheating, so I tested them before and after the slowdown, but there was nothing unusual.

I've always used the same scene, and this problem never occurred before. Now, it's consistently abnormal, and I'm completely confused. Every time it occurs, I have to restart my computer to fix it, but I'm worried if this might cause any damage to my computer. I don't want to test it further because I'm concerned it could harm my computer.

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I found your post because I'm experiencing the exact same thing. My PC is running 4090, 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, SSD. Same as you, when this happens, even after I quit VAM the computer is extremely sluggish and pretty much unusable. While the issue is happening, if I bring up the Task Manager everything seems normal as well. I have to either restart or log out and log back in for the computer to become responsive again.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Same issue here, on certain scenes my vam freeze and give me 1 fps, if i close vam, all my pc is freezed too, My whole pc freezes, the only solution is to turn it off with the button on the case

The problem may be occurring since I'm using scenes with dancing/walking using timeline, I don't know if it has something to do with that,but it's strange because they are simple scenes of a girl dancing using timeline,in those scenes I usually have +100 fps so it's not performance problem.

I have all drivers updated 32 gigs of ram and everything seems normal, both in task manager and component usage.

Any help pls

"SOLUTION":

I have rollbacked the drivers to version 537.58 and the problem seems to be solved, I've been using VAM for a while and it hasn't frozen. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom