Question Multiple persons performance

Soprano74

Reactions
I wonder, is it possible to add Person's to the scene with a low impact on performance? I already disable some stuff, e.g. the physics etc, but a 3rd person hits the performance hard. What if I only want a non-moving 'puppet' without it taking so much performance?

Thanks

The issue is that the assets can't be animated properly.

doesn't it work with stuff like this?

i never tried any of the IK stuff but i always thought you only have to add the controllers/atoms and then you can animate them with Timeline

Upvote 0
Great information. Even if one cannot animate the imported UnityAsset, this technique can be leveraged to make awesome scene's. A lot of the time, not all characters need to be 'active' or even be re-animated, so exporting an Atom and reimporting as UnityAsset is a great way of increasing the number of people!

I will also look into the IK for custom Unity Assets, cheers SPQR!

Gr!

Upvote 0
doesn't it work with stuff like this?

i never tried any of the IK stuff but i always thought you only have to add the controllers/atoms and then you can animate them with Timeline

Gotta take a look. If they can be animated with vam timeline, that's great. However it will be a lot of work if the assets aren't rigged like the gen2 characters. Also if they are rigged differently each then it will become very difficult to animate them. If the assets are rigged like gen2 then that seems promising.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom