Morph Filter Plus (Now with Cloth & Hair filters)

Plugins Morph Filter Plus (Now with Cloth & Hair filters)

Very nice :)

There is one issue I came across you might want to look into (in the prev. version). I think colliders are not updated when modifying morphs at the moment. I've had some strange issues where the leg position was weird or hair had odd bulges. These are gone when saving the appearance and loading it to another atom, and occasionally will resolve when doing certain actions (I think applying custom textures was one of them). Maybe you are missing an 'update colliders' callback?

Strange. I will look into this, but I can't think of any reason colliders would be affected. The only thing this plugin does is modify whether or not the morphs are displayed in the UI-- It does not change in any way how those morphs are applied. Maybe auto-driven morphs were being affected by visibility settings for some reason?

If so, the newest version is even less likely to have 'visibility' related side effects as it now only modifies morph visibility briefly- setting them to invisible just for 5 frames to update the UI and then reverting them back to normal behind the scenes. As a result the only thing that's changed is the display.

Of course, for due diligence I will try to find out how this plugin might be contributing to that issue.
If you can find a way to reproduce the issue it will help a lot, but I will experiment and try to find out what could have been happening.

Last edited:
I tried the new version and it didn't happen again, so maybe just a fluke. If I re-experience it or someone else runs into this I can try to reproduce.

The only issue I ran into with this version was that the filters reset when you toggle 'active', switch between 'morphs'/'poses' etc. Not sure if this is new or I just didn't notice it before.

The only issue I ran into with this version was that the filters reset when you toggle 'active', switch between 'morphs'/'poses' etc. Not sure if this is new or I just didn't notice it before.

That is new, and unintended, but makes sense that it would happen. in 4.0 the visibility settings are only applied for a single ui refresh so that they don't interfere with saves. Anything else that refreshes the ui like toggling active will dissolve the illusion.

I have a version that retains visibility settings and only reverts them right before saving, which won't have the issue you describe, but it meddles with the UI a bit more by listening to clicks on different buttons, creating more points of failure if something goes wrong. It's stable, but I was hoping this version would avoid having to use them.

Having to retype a filter after toggling favorites/active etc may be annoying enough to warrant the more complex version, but it may introduce the collider issue you mentioned before.

Would you mind trying out the complex version and seeing if you can reproduce the collider issue?

Last edited:
Here is the test branch that has persistent visibility settings by using UI modification.
I am interested to find out if the collision issue can be reproduced with this version.

For disambiguation, this var has "_Test" as part of its name, and is not an official update var.

Attachments

• GossamerVR.MorphFilterPlus_Test.4.var
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Here is the test branch that has persistent visibility settings by using UI modification.
I am interested to find out if the collision issue can be reproduced with this version.

For disambiguation, this var has "_Test" as part of its name, and is not an official update var.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner about this. The issue did appear again, but I didn't have enough time to properly isolate the conditions in which this happens. I am not 100% sure this is an issue that is specific to this plugin at this point, but sadly won't be able to investigate further for the next ~ 2-3 weeks.

My approach was to use a scene that has a bit more going on (I used this one), although I had previously also seen collider issues in a scene that only had a floor and some lights iirc. Gradually adjusting morphs did not seem to do much, but after some time, minor errors became apparent (e.g. hair bumps, invisible barrier around legs).

Then I popped out an image panel and loaded a reference picture which I think was around 2000x3000px and that had a huge impact, most apparent when using the 'Height' morph or others that change leg/lower body or upper body length.

My next steps would have been to build a minimal scene with an image panel (or more maybe) and see if the issue always appears even without the filter plugin, and if not, if there actually are differences between v4 and the others.

Hope this helps, otherwise I can look into this in 2 to 3 weeks. Cheers :)

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner about this. The issue did appear again, but I didn't have enough time to properly isolate the conditions in which this happens. I am not 100% sure this is an issue that is specific to this plugin at this point, but sadly won't be able to investigate further for the next ~ 2-3 weeks.

My approach was to use a scene that has a bit more going on (I used this one), although I had previously also seen collider issues in a scene that only had a floor and some lights iirc. Gradually adjusting morphs did not seem to do much, but after some time, minor errors became apparent (e.g. hair bumps, invisible barrier around legs).

Then I popped out an image panel and loaded a reference picture which I think was around 2000x3000px and that had a huge impact, most apparent when using the 'Height' morph or others that change leg/lower body or upper body length.

My next steps would have been to build a minimal scene with an image panel (or more maybe) and see if the issue always appears even without the filter plugin, and if not, if there actually are differences between v4 and the others.

Hope this helps, otherwise I can look into this in 2 to 3 weeks. Cheers :)

Thanks for your time looking into the collider issue.
The version I posted for V6 uses a hybrid approach so only certain UI elements are listened to and the visibility can be maintained except when refreshing the UI.
The issues that appeared again, was this while using V5/6 or was it an earlier version?

I am still trying to reproduce it myself but will follow some of the clues you have provided to see if I can do so.

Hello, is problem with checking Active/Favorit is fixed ? :) Plugin is "must have" but that problem is kinda problematic :(

Hello, is problem with checking Active/Favorit is fixed ? :) Plugin is "must have" but that problem is kinda problematic :(
hi rabbit, yes in 6.0 you should be able to keep your filters with active/favorite toggles changing

The issues that appeared again, was this while using V5/6 or was it an earlier version?

I am still trying to reproduce it myself but will follow some of the clues you have provided to see if I can do so.

No, the issues were with your v4 test version. Your more targeted event listening approach sounds good, maybe that will do the trick.

If I had to theorize what was happening, I would think the collider update routine that is supposed to run on every morph change either dies or more likely becomes too slow to finish in time at least some of the time because something is congesting the limited CPU resources. What I don't understand is why it seemingly was exacerbated when I added an image panel. I know quite a few things in VaM are done on the GPU so maybe the image panel delays GPU sync which in combination with the plugin led to a race condition that broke the collider update? Kinda hard to debug tbh

GossamerVR updated Morph Filter Plus (Now with Cloth & Hair filters) with a new update entry:

Hotfix: re-fixed keeping filter when clicking toggles

Apologies, dears
It appears in my eagerness to optimize refresh calls I cut too many out and re-introduced the active toggle (etc) problem.
I have rolled back the optimizing condition to fix this. I will find some other way to smooth out some of the latency hitches.

Fixes:
You can again utilize favorite/active/other morph ui elements without losing your filter. However the filter is still dropped when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Had to completely remove this plugin due to the odd behavior which persists and miss it miserably - when can we expect an update/fix?

Back
Top Bottom