Morden Bedroom 2.0

Assets Morden Bedroom 2.0

DragonPhantom

Reactions
Hi mate, regarding the FPS as you see , it is quite low any lower after adding characters , Vam would start to run Sluggish
its a great room and you have done a good job of it with the baking .
Curious what is the large halo for ?
FPS1.png
in the Edonian streets scene i have 5 unity spot lights and the FPS is still pretty good
would be interesting to know why such a small room has poor performance
FPS2.png

Hi mate, regarding the FPS as you see , it is quite low any lower after adding characters , Vam would start to run Sluggish
its a great room and you have done a good job of it with the baking .
Curious what is the large halo for ?
View attachment 274638in the Edonian streets scene i have 5 unity spot lights and the FPS is still pretty good
would be interesting to know why such a small room has poor performance
View attachment 274639
I'm not good at unity. I'm just a porter,haha~. I can't find the reason why, This asset is very small, Maybe because I added a direct light in unity? I can only import and export and the basic Settings, I have to learn from you~

I'm not good at unity. I'm just a porter,haha~. I can't find the reason why, This asset is very small, Maybe because I added a direct light in unity? I can only import and export and the basic Settings, I have to learn from you~
You haven`t done to bad mate (y), im still learning things as i go along lol
one light in unity wouldn't be a problem ,are there many textures used on the room model ?
this may help using the stats in unity to monitor whats going on. keep at it mate we need more scene creators
Unity Stats.png

You haven`t done to bad mate (y), im still learning things as i go along lol
one light in unity wouldn't be a problem ,are there many textures used on the room model ?
this may help using the stats in unity to monitor whats going on. keep at it mate we need more scene creators
View attachment 274700
I think it should be the material problem, I changed a lot of materials, the pictures are too big, now I feel much better. What you described above about the camera, is it necessary to do some Settings in the game TAB? I always delete all cameras directly without any setting. In addition, if I modify the material picture, drag pictures directly into the object of the scene, will it cause the system to use these pictures overlapping if I drag it multiple times?
I feel that a lot of what I have done before need to be modified, especially the material, I have added a lot of messy pictures - -.
2.jpg

I think it should be the material problem, I changed a lot of materials, the pictures are too big, now I feel much better. What you described above about the camera, is it necessary to do some Settings in the game TAB? I always delete all cameras directly without any setting. In addition, if I modify the material picture, drag pictures directly into the object of the scene, will it cause the system to use these pictures overlapping if I drag it multiple times?
I feel that a lot of what I have done before need to be modified, especially the material, I have added a lot of messy pictures - -.
View attachment 274770
Doing well mate , yeah sometimes the material side of it can be a pain in the ass.
worst if the material has a different name to the texture.
the delete camera . i save as 2 files, one with cam for editing and one with no cam for the assetbundle.
reason for deleting camera , i think it causes issues for VR users in vam .

Doing well mate , yeah sometimes the material side of it can be a pain in the ass.
worst if the material has a different name to the texture.
the delete camera . i save as 2 files, one with cam for editing and one with no cam for the assetbundle.
reason for deleting camera , i think it causes issues for VR users in vam .
I'm still in various studies,haha~Thank you very much for your help, many of the problems you have encountered will give me a lot of help, Thanks:)

I'm still in various studies,haha~Thank you very much for your help, many of the problems you have encountered will give me a lot of help, Thanks:)
Seemed a shame that you removed the textures from the coffee table ,carpet and curtains ,i felt responsible.
extracted your asset to investigate, it seems fine in unity, there isn't many textures and at 2048 seemed fine to not cause issues
i deleted the parts highlighted in blue , as i dont know what they are
kept your point light removed the halo and lowered it , i got just over 150 FPS thats not to bad
very strange mate why the asset tanked to less than 60 FPS

models with a shit load of vertices can have the biggest impact on making the PC run like a snail,
when i look at models in sketchfab i select model inspector and Wireframe helps to see if it is game friendly.
Cosy.png

Seemed a shame that you removed the textures from the coffee table ,carpet and curtains ,i felt responsible.
extracted your asset to investigate, it seems fine in unity, there isn't many textures and at 2048 seemed fine to not cause issues
i deleted the parts highlighted in blue , as i dont know what they are
kept your point light removed the halo and lowered it , i got just over 150 FPS thats not to bad
very strange mate why the asset tanked to less than 60 FPS

models with a shit load of vertices can have the biggest impact on making the PC run like a snail,
when i look at models in sketchfab i select model inspector and Wireframe helps to see if it is game friendly.View attachment 275022
I think there must be something wrong with this small room fbx. I guess it may be caused by this remote image request, but I don't know which part is requesting this remote image.Do you know how to get rid of it, this error looks so disgusting, haha -- In my updated 2.0 room, it seems that there are still some delays in VR.The remote image request still exists.
213333333333.jpg

I think there must be something wrong with this small room fbx. I guess it may be caused by this remote image request, but I don't know which part is requesting this remote image.Do you know how to get rid of it, this error looks so disgusting, haha -- In my updated 2.0 room, it seems that there are still some delays in VR.The remote image request still exists.
View attachment 275136
Spoke to Scamp about your problem mate, he said
that's because the image doesn't exist on Imgur.
Recently, the image hosting service Imgur has decided to remove all adult images, so no nudity or sexual content on there anymore.

He has referenced that image somewhere in his scene. It might be as a texture or so. I use that trick a lot but I keep all my textures in a folder that are then included in the VAR. He should go through his scene and try to find where he has referenced that texture. That error message won't break anything, it's just annooying, but my guess is he's probably only forgotten where he used that image

i said to scamp,
i think also vams smart web tv object and have noticed the URL with the imgur . maybe thats it mate he has used an image for the tv that no longer exists .
hope this helps DragonPhantom . let us know how you get on mate.

Last edited:
Spoke to Scamp about your problem mate, he said
that's because the image doesn't exist on Imgur.
Recently, the image hosting service Imgur has decided to remove all adult images, so no nudity or sexual content on there anymore.

He has referenced that image somewhere in his scene. It might be as a texture or so. I use that trick a lot but I keep all my textures in a folder that are then included in the VAR. He should go through his scene and try to find where he has referenced that texture. That error message won't break anything, it's just annooying, but my guess is he's probably only forgotten where he used that image

i said to scamp,
i think also vams smart web tv object and have noticed the URL with the imgur . maybe thats it mate he has used an image for the tv that no longer exists .
hope this helps DragonPhantom . let us know how you get on mate.
Ha ha, I've left it alone, I'll have to check it out before I release it next time, I'm playing a lot of sci-fi assets now,and doing a lot of animation, unfortunately WAM has too many restrictions and the scene area in vam is also restricted.When I encounter difficulties, I will ask you for advice. Thank you, my friend~

Ha ha, I've left it alone, I'll have to check it out before I release it next time, I'm playing a lot of sci-fi assets now,and doing a lot of animation, unfortunately WAM has too many restrictions and the scene area in vam is also restricted.When I encounter difficulties, I will ask you for advice. Thank you, my friend~
no probs mate ,ha ha i do it my self put things on the back burner when i get fed up of it :sleep:, doing sci-fi stuff is a great idea as there isn`t much of it .
wish you all the best on your projects.

Last edited:
no probs mate ,ha ha i do it my self put things on the back burner when i get fed up of it :sleep:, doing sci-fi stuff is a great idea as there isn`t much of it .
Thank you and hope everything goes well with you(y)

23.jpg

Hi, friend, I have a very strange problem, there are several models that I have already selected to generate collision, but it does not work in VAM, do you know the reason for this, or do I need to work on some additional Settings in unity?

View attachment 275840
Hi, friend, I have a very strange problem, there are several models that I have already selected to generate collision, but it does not work in VAM, do you know the reason for this, or do I need to work on some additional Settings in unity?
i have had the issue , sometimes by unticking and tick again then apply works.
hope it helps friend .

or there is this option too

colliders.png

Last edited:
It works, haha ~ I think should be the second method, the first one I tried before and it didn't work. Thank you very much(y):giggle:
Most welcome mate ,Great to hear you got it working, the second method can be quite useful too, as you can decide what objects to have collisions.:)

Back
Top Bottom