Meet the Mitchells

Scenes Meet the Mitchells

ZRSX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
zrsx
ZRSX submitted a new resource:

Meet the Mitchells - One seamless, highly customizable, immersive, chill & kinky interactive sex scene

What is it?
You haven't seen me post any resource on the Hub lately? Well, I was busy working on this scene. It took me most of a month working actively on it. Please enjoy it, I very probably won't create such a scene in a while!

View attachment 65780

It is quite big, seamless, highly customizable and meant to be immersive. Set your mood, customize the room, define what will be available, make you own route...

Read more about this resource...

Hey!

The scene is great - but I'm wondering about the length of the animations?

* When the scene goes to the CG animation(s), the gurl thrusts a couple times, then I get a "prompt" whether to switch to anal/BJ/Cumshot/rough version of the anims, and if I ignore that, all UIButtons go inactive after a while and she's sitting there, not doing much. When I check timeline on the girl, the idle animation is loaded, but not running ...

Does the scene need permanent user-input to work?

Could be I messed up some of the scene's logic (running the scene in VR, possessing the guy & with custom models), but ... I'm not so sure. The modifications I made shouldn't affect the logic, or any storables (though I'll check again, to be sure)

* Another (minor) bump is the possession-logic around the three instances of Embody in the scene - I love that you use Embody out of the box, but whenever I try to toggle out of possessing the guy (I habitually bind the lower left VR-controller button to Embody's "activate" toggle - ) , my viewport is being slaved to the cinematic animation, which also starts without me choosing "cinematic" in the setup at the start of the scene? (switching to "Edit" mode frees my viewport)

Dunno whether I messed smth up in the scene - but maybe something got borked when you carved the free scene from the paid version?

Anywhooo - great work, just seems like there's a little hitch or two when running in VR

Does the scene need permanent user-input to work?
Nope, the UI buttons should stay up until you switch position (using the green buttons). The whole idea is to be chill and take your time: so no, definitely not the intended behaviour! 😖

Changing the models could break the alignment, but won't affect the UI, so I don't think it's on your end.

From what you've said, it looks like Timeline just stopped instead of going to the next animation at some point.
If you have a minute, could you try another time to see if that happens again? Just to see if it's a random bug or systematic.

Maybe I messed up with something on the last update, I'll check as soon as I can.

whenever I try to toggle out of possessing the guy (I habitually bind the lower left VR-controller button to Embody's "activate" toggle - ) , my viewport is being slaved to the cinematic animation, which also starts without me choosing "cinematic" in the setup at the start of the scene?
Oh ok. Should be specific to VR, I never encountered this in Desktop mode. As the cinematic camera atom also uses Embody, maybe it immediately relays to it when you exit through your controller?

I'll have to investigate Embody settings and docs, but I don't see why it would do that when Embody is not activated.
Wild guess would be that your binding activate another Embody instance while deactivating the current one. You could try to deactivate the Embody plugin (or remove it, even) on the girl and the cinematic cam atom.

Does it occurs when you load the scene and select the male POV, or after having done a scene reset or 2 (using the "Reset all" button)?

Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
From what you've said, it looks like Timeline just stopped instead of going to the next animation at some point.

Yeah, that's what I figured, too.

If you have a minute, could you try another time to see if that happens again? Just to see if it's a random bug or systematic.

Wilco.

Oh ok. Should be specific to VR, I never encountered this in Desktop mode. As the cinematic camera atom also uses Embody, maybe it immediately relays to it when you exit through your controller?

Aaaaaaah! Yeah, that's probably it - the other (inactive) instance of Embody interpret my "button-press" as a signal to go active, while the active instance shuts down. Acid probably envisioned Embody as a "single-instance per scene" plugin, and hence, never consider it necessary to add a check for other active instances.

Does it occurs when you load the scene and select the male POV, or after having done a scene reset or 2 (using the "Reset all" button)?

Oooof ... I've only run the scene during one session, and I've reset it multiple times throughout. IIRC, when I first ran the scene, I finished the "setup phase" by choosing to possess the male. Then I discovered I couldn't de-activate Embody bcs my bind wasn't present (prob bcs of the custom config you provided with the scene). Then I loaded one of my custom configs and deactivated Embody.

And then I found myself stuck a bit to the left of the male's head, unable to move the viewport (I could still turn, but not navigate around the scene).

Dunno what exactly I did next (some wild hammering on various buttons, most likely), but all of a sudden, the cinematic animation started and I was being dragged around the room.

I think the activation of the cinematic ride happened only that one time, but I'm not sure. I definitely never selected the cinematic ride during the "setup phase".

Last edited:
Yes this also happens to me, all the UI buttons disappear in VR after I click the "come closer" button.

Yes this also happens to me, all the UI buttons disappear in VR after I click the "come closer" button.
UI buttons should come back after a little while (the time for a few animations to run) after clicking on a button switching position (green buttons).
If it's not the case and/or if nothing moves anymore like Case reported, then it's a bug.

Note that it's particularly long for the first buttons to come back after clicking the "Get closer" button.
The first looping animation doesn't bring up any, and it can randomly loop back to this one any number of time - low probability, but it could take a little while if you're really "unlucky" :p

But this button starts the Cowgirl animations, so it's at the same point as @Case. There's definitely something fishy at this step! 🧐

@Case, couldn't reproduce so far.
But out of the hundreds runs of the scene when making & testing it, I think it might have happened to me too a couple of times. But as I was tweaking it, I dismissed it as a wrong click somewhere. Maybe it wasn't.

No luck so far on finding the cause of this:
  • I let the scene run for a long while on the cowgirl position: it just keeps going and going ^^'
  • Did the same after resetting a few times. Nope, it keeps going. Still running on the background as I'm writing this...
  • Might have be related to low FPS somehow - which could explain I have trouble seeing it and it would be more frequent on VR or lower config. I've been running it with all lights & shadows at max quality, TV on & playing a movie and two 4096px mirrors with all options on. Got down to 15 FPS and it still won't stop...
  • Double-checked all the animations: they all have the intended transition to the next one.
  • Double-checked the name of the camera animations: all different names compared to the characters' ones; no way it could have any influence on them.
  • Double-checked the timing of Guy's animation: they all match with CZ's ones (a shorter animation time on another character will cause the animation to stop).

My only suspect is having kept the "Loop" option on for Guy, on Cowgirl animations. It shouldn't make a difference as CZ's Timeline is the Master, so it wouldn't take the loop into account when reaching the end: it'll play whatever CZ's Timeline says (which will be a random Cowgirl animation).
Maybe, just maybe, it could slightly get out of sync in some rare cases and break havoc.
Not convinced I've got the culprit, though: it could prevent the buttons to appear if it happens straightaway (which seems to be the case for @bboyneko) but wouldn't make the buttons disappear.

I'll do an update with that, but it's a shot in the dark.

Aaaaaaah! Yeah, that's probably it - the other (inactive) instance of Embody interpret my "button-press" as a signal to go active, while the active instance shuts down. Acid probably envisioned Embody as a "single-instance per scene" plugin, and hence, never consider it necessary to add a check for other active instances.
Yep, my guess exactly. I'd say it could even toggle *all* embody instances: toggling off male POV and toggling on female POV and cam POV - but it has to pick one... and for some reason it's the cam one?
I'm curious! You could try to delete Embody plugin on the cam and see if it activates female POV when you exit male POV using your "button-press". For science's sake :)

ZRSX updated Meet the Mitchells with a new update entry:

Technical update - Bug fix (hopefully)

This is an attempt at trying to prevent a weird technical issue that sometimes stops the scene / prevents the UI buttons to happen at some point on cowgirl position.
It seems to affect some of you, but I couldn't reproduce. So I could only hope the slight modification done here will solve it.

If this bug has never happened to you, then you have no need to re-download.

UI buttons should always appear after a while - if buttons don't appear anymore (wait at least 20 seconds), then...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've had this bug you are talking about. The first release version I it would happen after get closer then get back on me I think it was then it would stop, she we return to cowgirl position but wouldn't move and no other options ever appeared. This last release I select get closer she comes closer for a moment then returns to cowgirl position on her own then doesn't move and no prompts appear. Happens every time for me, I'd say this version is worse than before since it stops even sooner.

Not convinced I've got the culprit, though: it could prevent the buttons to appear if it happens straightaway (which seems to be the case for @bboyneko) but wouldn't make the buttons disappear.

Yeah ... I might have an idea: Different Timeline-versions?

(You've set the "latest" flag for Timeline in the dependencies, so I can't tell which version you're running on)

Normally, Timeline is pretty robust wrt downward compatibility - but right now, AcidBubbles is working on major upgrade, and I'm a patreon of his, and hence, the "latest" version of Timeline on my install is the latest beta (currently, that'd be v239 - whereas the latest public version as of now is v223). Currently, Acid is working on finishing the closed beta of what he calls "Timeline version 5" - ie the fifth major functionality upgrade - but the closed beta period officially ends today (Friday, 24th).

Could you please go grab Timeline v239 (or later) as soon as it goes public and run the scene with that version to see whether you can reproduce the error? The "Fifth Edition Timeline" (ie. v239 or higher) should go public on the hub sometime today (Friday, 24th).

IF
(!) the error is due to some difference between Timeline versions, we should involve AcidBubbles.

@Case, couldn't reproduce so far.

I did a quick repeat test yesterday (ie BEFORE the most recent update!) without modifying anything - same result as a above: I choose Guy possession, click "come closer", girl straddles guy, does a few thrusts and then animations stop. I do get the UIButtons offering "branching animations" - ie swith to anal, switch to rough etc - each only runs for a couple repeats and then stops.

I'll test the update and get back to you asap

Last edited:
Happens every time for me, I'd say this version is worse than before since it stops even sooner.
*Bangs head against the wall*

OK, thanks for the feedback and sorry for that!
You can get back the previous version in the history tab if you've gotten rid of it.

I'll continue investigating.

Yeah ... I might have an idea: Different Timeline-versions?
That's a lead.
I used the latest Timeline version before Timeline 5.

I'll try that. I have to check if it causes any other issue anyway, as it's a major release.

We'll see how it goes!

*Bangs head against the wall*

Ok, take a deep breath - you've done great, innovative work, it has a couple teething issues. Completely normal with innovative scenes. Let's find & kill that bug(ger)!

That's a lead.
I used the latest Timeline version before Timeline 5.

Ok, I just tested the latest "Mitchells" version (v3), manually replacing her Timeline version (v239 on my install) with Timeline version 223, resetting the scene (using your custom reset) - and it fixes the error. MsMitchell now happily boinks away without stopping ... ;)

So I guess it's more than a lead ...

EDIT: Timeline v235 also works. All versions 236-239 do not work for me.

As an immediate. temporary fix for AcidBubbles patreons, you could replace "latest" with .223 in the dependencies. I'll contact AcidBubbles that we might have found a glitch in the fifth edition Timeline (just on the very last day of the closed beta period ... :oops:)

Yeah, that one does makes a difference: When using Timeline v239, MsMitchell now goes idle directly after straddling MrMitchell ... :( (just as @magicmaximus said)

Could be onto something as I have the beta timeline as well the one that will be released tomorrow

Jup.

I'm curious! You could try to delete Embody plugin on the cam and see if it activates female POV when you exit male POV using your "button-press". For science's sake :)

Yup, it switches to femPov now ... :cool:

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Especially since I'm strapped for time right now, and I fixed a _huge_ amount of small issues with sequencing in Timeline 4, so maybe this scene is using a bogus behavior... which means yeah, the safe route would be to bind to a specific version of Timeline. In v5 I also have logging which can help figure those things out, but in v4 it's _extremely_ difficult to diagnose other people's scenes like that.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Especially since I'm strapped for time right now, and I fixed a _huge_ amount of small issues with sequencing in Timeline 4, so maybe this scene is using a bogus behavior... which means yeah, the safe route would be to bind to a specific version of Timeline. In v5 I also have logging which can help figure those things out, but in v4 it's _extremely_ difficult to diagnose other people's scenes like that.

Maybe (!) some good news: The glitch occurs only with (beta-) versions higher than v235 - version 235 works just fine! If you introduced the logging features prior to v235, you should be able to use them.

Timeline versions v236-v239 glitch out at roughly at the same point in the scene (yes, I tested all four).

If you'd like to have logs, screenshots etc, feel free to shoot me a PM.

P.S.: The glitch happens both in "Spectator"-mode as well as in "Possess MrMitchell"-mode, so I don't think it's some weird interaction with Embody.
P.P.S.: Don't be confused by us chatting about an "issue" with toggling Embody upthread - this has nothing to do with the Timeline glitch, and we already know what is happening (it's not really a bug)

Could be onto something as I have the beta timeline as well the one that will be released tomorrow

Could you check my results - ie test whether running the scene with Timeline versions 223 and 235 on the female atom fixes the glitch (while all versions 236-239 fail at the same point)? I'm fairly sure that this behaviour is too specific to be something to do with my weird install, but ... I'd be the first to admit I do have a pretty weird installation ... :oops:

Last edited:
I'm in kind of a bad situation now, @ZRSX I promised everyone I'd release today, but it'll break your scene if I do that... I'll do my best to check but if you can re-release with locking into the Timeline version you're currently depending on it would be great. I'm thinking maybe other scenes will be affected but I really cannot afford a all nighter right now :D

I think I may have found a clue. Timeline is stopping once no clips are running, for some reason this triggers in this scene. Probably a timing issue... I'll try very hard to investigate today.

Ok so I think I found the culprit... non-looping animations with zero blending will stop before reaching the blend time. I'm trying to find a solution and I will release Timeline 5 right after! Fingers crossed...

Thanks a lot @Acid Bubbles! I was thinking of trying to alter the blending before seeing all those messages (couldn't see any other difference with other working looping groups)... Could have saved you a bit of trouble ^^'

But at least the root cause has been found!
I understand this is included in 5.0.0?

Thanks @Case, it seems that you've got it right! And thank you all for your feedback @magicmaximus, @bboyneko, @RandomVAMUser! Please tell me if the last Timeline version fixed it for all of you!

Yea, new Timeline seems to have it fixed, things stay moving now. Only other bug I run into is a couple buttons overlap at one point or at least appear to, there is definitely a text overlap. Aside that all seems to be in working order.

Thanks @Case, it seems that you've got it right!

I like getting it right! :cool:

I ran the scene with v242 (i.e. first public version of the 5th Edition), and the animation sequence keeps on running nonstop.

Yea, new Timeline seems to have it fixed, things stay moving now. Only other bug I run into is a couple buttons overlap at one point or at least appear to, there is definitely a text overlap. Aside that all seems to be in working order.

You got that, too? I thought I'd borked something during editing ... :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom