Question Layering Clothing?

leviathan0999

Reactions
Patreon
leviathan0999
So, I'm dealing with a character who is generally known for wearing a v-neck sweater over a shirt and tie. The attached picture isn't the character, but it's a good illustration. Now, I have clothes that are named as all parts of the character's costume, but what I find is that the tie and even parts of the shirt lie on top of, or "surface" through, the sweater rather than being compressed under it. Is there some control, property or plugin that will allow me to layer the items, so the tie stays over the shirt, and the sweater over both?

19c1a75d1820598446ea17a65dff09e5d17ca556.jpg

There are no collisions between different types of clothing, so it may prove difficult. You can adjust the surface offset and thickness. You can also set the collision radius and power for simmed clothing in the physics properties tab, it sets how far the object will sit away from the body when sim is enabled, but you will likely still get the layers clipping through each other, especially if you want to animate the character.
If you have the clothing in daz, or as obj, you could import them into blender and use a boolean modifier on each item to join them into a single mesh that looks like it is layered. It would need cleaning up, and the materials would be a pain, but it's doable. You could fit that mesh in daz, save a scene subset and add it through the clothing creator in vam and there would be no issue with clipping, you just wouldnt be able to remove the items individually.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom