Question Is it possible to customizer VR hand (morph, texture)?

Reactions
Is it possible to morph and change textures of VR hands in VaM?

(I personally don't like adding a male character since that eats a lot of FPS. It would be great if I could make VR hand into a VR arm...)

Hi Harold,
AFAIK at my last level of knowledge it is not easily doable. I never have seen someone who did that.
Maybe there is a newish plugin I don't know, or a clever guy who has found a way to replace the hand models through some sort of hacking... aso aso.
I once had asked MeshedVR if it wouldn't be possible to change the male hands into female hand meshes, or even simply change the texture of the hands, and his answer was "no".

Upvote 0
There is an other issue with this idea. An replacement hand model is one thing, but an arm would need some sort of joints and bones and IK. Otherwise it would just be a liveless and rigid arm maneuvering strangely in space, having the hand as an hinge point, making the end of the arm moving around widely.
I once had downloaded a replacement mesh for the SteamVR controllers model in the shape of an arm (when this was still possible), and it was looking like rubbish.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom