Intensive Care

Scenes Intensive Care

Romolas

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Romolas
Romolas submitted a new resource:

Intensive Care - Doctor Ziegler is back!

Hey everyone! People seemed to enjoy my 'Doctor Ziegler' scene, so I decided to make a sequel! This time, it's based on the incredible GIF by VGErotica.

I've attempted to recreate the scene as faithfully as possible with multiple positions and detailed animations. I also tried out some fun techniques to create smooth scene transitions. You can control...

Read more about this resource...

hi mate , i managed to find this script from HuHa on discord , i tried it on the hospital ward asset ,although it only switches on and off the Emissive light . would be great if he did an Emissive intensity controller using a slider , but doesnt look like he has been active since 22/5/2019 .

Attachments

• LightToggler.cs
    3.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
hi mate , i managed to find this script from HuHa on discord , i tried it on the hospital ward asset ,although it only switches on and off the Emissive light . would be great if he did an Emissive intensity controller using a slider , but doesnt look like he has been active since 22/5/2019 .
Perfect! I'll give it a try mate, thank you.

As long as I can toggle it off via trigger, that should work fine and I can just switch off the light at the same time as the skybox.

Anyway to speed this up ? even on desktop im seeing a 12 fps when im use to 100 fps. And in vr ...well cant use it sadly :(
Was in max but even med settings is no good....

Anyway to speed this up ? even on desktop im seeing a 12 fps when im use to 100 fps. And in vr ...well cant use it sadly :(
Ah I'm sorry about that! Did you try turning off shadows/reflections etc.? I added those options to the clipboard to for people who need a bit of extra fps.

You can also try using this plugin:

It's a bit hard to find the problem because it runs okay for me, but I'll have a look and try to figure out if there are any other ways to improve the fps. If so I'll push out an update soon.

it depends on your PC setup too , what memory you have ,CPU and Graphics card as Vam is a hungry beast . think Romolas advice may help in a PC that is struggling .

Romolas updated Intensive Care with a new update entry:

Better performance

Since I got a comment that the scene was running slow for some people, I've updated the VAR to include a second 'performance-focused' version of the scene. This removes some features such as reflections/shadows etc. to improve FPS. Please use this version if your pc was struggling with the original.

I also updated the fade-to-black transition using the Light Toggler plugin by HuHa. That pesky ceiling light no longer ruins the effect!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please try the second performance-focused version of the scene that I released today. It probably won't be a huge difference but it should definitely run better than the original.

PS. @VamTastic I tried out the LightToggler plugin and it was exactly what I needed. The only slight issue was that it also toggled the light on the wall on/off with all the other lights, so basically I had to remove that Light asset during the day time (I didn't want that light source active during the first phase of the scene). But overall being able to toggle the ceiling light is still much better than it was before. Thanks for the assist!

Strange mate ,i didn't have any issues with other lights in the scene being effected using the script on the hospital ward asset, think i should in future, if i use emmisive lights i will make a prefab with one without emmisive lights, until i can find away of finding a script that can adjust the intensity of the emmision with a UI slider. i had a look at the script and parts that said allLights i changed to Lights , the script still works fine, but need to get a better understanding of it .
for me when it comes to programming its a whole new ball game o_O, i'm more in to the graphics side of things.

Last edited:
I liked the end result! It didnt work on anything but a quantum pc but because you did a higher performance version (which still was pretty intense haha) it meant I could review it. I would still make some alterations long term. IMO ...I would put the tv in view of the user in possess mode (or make it like a removable ipad).
And the awesome clever UI patient file once past the first scene could also be within eye sight of possess mode.
The point is you put in these cool features but you cant really enjoy them once you've engaged in the scene in VR.
Also I feel a night mode would be far superior or a neat alternative and make sense to the story.
I took the scene and made theses small changes and can say it was better (different) as a result.
Also it might work and run better in a smaller private room ?
Very cool overall. Some great details! Love it.

I liked the end result! It didnt work on anything but a quantum pc but because you did a higher performance version (which still was pretty intense haha) it meant I could review it. I would still make some alterations long term. IMO ...I would put the tv in view of the user in possess mode (or make it like a removable ipad).
And the awesome clever UI patient file once past the first scene could also be within eye sight of possess mode.
The point is you put in these cool features but you cant really enjoy them once you've engaged in the scene in VR.
Also I feel a night mode would be far superior or a neat alternative and make sense to the story.
I took the scene and made theses small changes and can say it was better (different) as a result.
Also it might work and run better in a smaller private room ?
Very cool overall. Some great details! Love it.
Hey thanks for the feedback! The clipboard was actually supposed to be movable but it's very possible that I messed that up lol (I don't have VR so I'm only able to test the scene in Desktop mode).
For the room, I usually import my own assets, but in this case there was already a great existing asset by Vamtastic available which is why I used that one as is.

But overall that's really helpful feedback and I'll keep it in mind for anything I make in the future, thanks!

Hey thanks for the feedback! The clipboard was actually supposed to be movable but it's very possible that I messed that up lol (I don't have VR so I'm only able to test the scene in Desktop mode).
For the room, I usually import my own assets, but in this case there was already a great existing asset by Vamtastic available which is why I used that one as is.

But overall that's really helpful feedback and I'll keep it in mind for anything I make in the future, thanks!
Hello Romolas. It is movable but not once in vr as in posses mode (not without issues).
I do have vr and have a lot of experience in this field and a sweet setup (though only an average pc thought that just makes me the same as most users).
As many users will want to be using in vr and will ....can I help you?
Feel free to PM me and I am happy to help you with your VR until you / if you get VR.
I help a few VAM creators and am learning to be one myself so have a working understanding of basic concepts , especially in vr.
Please feel free to call upon me to make your fun scenes perfect for VR and all vr users. Be well :)

Back
Top Bottom