Question I tried to package a scene, but there was such a warning~

criuslv

Reactions
I tried to package a scene, but there was such a warning. Finally, I found that it was referenced in a plugin, plugin depends on plugin :sick: ,but the two plugins have different licenses. Whether it has the right to use? PC-EA has no explanation in wiki. What type of license is this? It took me more time to package than I did to create a scene. I even removed the morph and skin. but The scene depends on more things than I add. Why are there so many confusion in VAM -_-.
I am just for learning,have no plan to upload. Just feel confused 。If I share in the future, I would like to know how to deal with this situation。Because community rules are a very important thing~

Attachments

• 11111 (2).jpg
    11111 (2).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 12122.jpg
    12122.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am just for learning,have no plan to upload. Just feel confused 。If I share in the future, I would like to know how to deal with this situation。Because community rules are a very important thing~
PC EA (Paid Content Early Access) is same as PC license until early access (EA) period expires, than secondary license is in effect.

Minor issue with PC EA and var package:
In case of dependencies package meta doesn't contain info about 2nd license at all.
Package builder stores only primary license ("licenseType") inside meta under dependencies,
in this case only PC EA and not CC BY-SA ("secondaryLicenseType").
Once uploaded to hub only primary license is listed on dependencies tab, cuz it reads info from uploaded package ("dependencies").

When dealing with PC EA references you need to check inside package manager if EA period is over
and what is the secondary license.
PC EA.jpg

EDIT:
...or look inside package meta.json (if you wanna avoid opening VaM just to check)
PC EA2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PC EA (Paid Content Early Access) is same as PC license until early access (EA) period expires, than secondary license is in effect.

Minor issue with PC EA and var package:
In case of dependencies package meta doesn't contain info about 2nd license at all.
Package builder stores only primary license ("licenseType") inside meta under dependencies,
in this case only PC EA and not CC BY-SA ("secondaryLicenseType").
Once uploaded to hub only primary license is listed on dependencies tab, cuz it reads info from uploaded package ("dependencies").

When dealing with PC EA references you need to check inside package manager if EA period is over
and what is the secondary license.
View attachment 194748
EDIT:
...or look inside package meta.json (if you wanna avoid opening VaM just to check)
View attachment 194766
Thank you~Now the plug-in has expired and is ready for use. VAM just only displays the first license, right? I've seen this plug-in used in many scenes

Upvote 0
I can confirm that my LogicBricks.12 is free now, the now active secondary license is CC BY-SA.

You can get it here by clicking the "12 (free)" link:
Thanks for the author's response. I'm learning now. This plugin is so useful. I used to use extra timelines to control some states and logic, which often confusing myself:LOL:。Great programmer brother!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom