Answered How to view VAM in complete fullscreen using VR.

mistersuspiria

Reactions
Apologies in advance if I overlooked this in the FAQ. I'm trying to use VAM on my oculus quest which is connected to my pc. When I open it through Virtual Desktop it runs great but it looks like I'm looking at it on a screen and im not actually "in" the scene. Is there a direct way to just run VAM on its own and have it connect with my headset or are there any methods that anyone can recommend to achieve what I'm trying to do? I appreciate any advice you all have.

I haven't used VD, i use the following
1. Download the oculus app to your computer....add VAM to the oculus library....run the oculus app and put on your headset...open VAM from inside headset.
2. Download ALVR...open it on computer....sideload apk...open VAM from computer....

Upvote 0
The actual answer is to launch VaM from inside Virtual Desktop. You do this by running a batch file.
Create a standard text file, put this line in it (with the path correct for your instal)

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\VaM\VaM.exe"

save that, rename it from .txt to a .bat

Launch Virtual Desktop, double click that bat file from inside VaM, it will now launch in VR correctly.

Upvote 0
The actual answer is to launch VaM from inside Virtual Desktop. You do this by running a batch file.
Create a standard text file, put this line in it (with the path correct for your instal)

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\VaM\VaM.exe"

save that, rename it from .txt to a .bat

Launch Virtual Desktop, double click that bat file from inside VaM, it will now launch in VR correctly.
Hi could you please help me with this? I have downloaded everything successfully and tested it but like everyone else it seems only 2d for me when trying to use VD. I’m kind of new with computers. How do I start a text file? And where? Could you help please?

Upvote 0
As mentioned it must be a .bat file not a .txt
You launch the game by double clicking that bat file from within virtual desktop on the headset and thats it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom