how to update steam version (VaMX) to latest VaM (1.21) without new key?

maozedong999

Reactions
Hello, I previously purchased the steam version and just updated it to the latest VaM base game(1.21) using the updater.exe launcher, but now my game has become the free version without any access to creator content. looks like I still need to purchase a key from MeshedVrR, but he says steam versions can be updated for free without having to purchase a new key. I was wondering if anyone can help me out here?

Copy the Keys/1.20 folder to Keys/1.21 and it will work.

But this only works for Steam users. Anyone who originally got their key from Patreon will need to resubscribe to get a 1.21 key.

But this only works for Steam users. Anyone who originally got their key from Patreon will need to resubscribe to get a 1.21 key.
It worked! Thank you very much.

Where do
Hello, I previously purchased the steam version and just updated it to the latest VaM base game(1.21) using the updater.exe launcher, but now my game has become the free version without any access to creator content. looks like I still need to purchase a key from MeshedVrR, but he says steam versions can be updated for free without having to purchase a new key. I was wondering if anyone can help me out here?
i downloaded the updater.exe file from vamx, where or how to i run this to update the steam version? Im totally confused

Do you mean copy the 1.21 to the 1.20? So basically i reinstall the entire program and then take copy the 1.21 keys to the steam/vamx folder? Its not clear to me how to perform this update

Do you mean copy the 1.21 to the 1.20? So basically i reinstall the entire program and then take copy the 1.21 keys to the steam/vamx folder? Its not clear to me how to perform this update
If you have the steam version, you just need to update the program and you're good to go.

If you don't have the Steam version, when you update the program (you don't need to install it all again, just run the updater to update your current install), you wuill find you only have the very limited "free" version of the new version. Go to Patreon, get the 1.21 key, and enter it from the Vam splash screen. That will unlock whatever tier of the program you have subscribed to.

Is VAM no longer available for purchase on steam? I figure if I am going to have to re-up b/c I did patreon I would rather have the version that doesn't extort cash every upgrade interval.

I could see if it was 2.0 (laugh) or something where major features are added etc.. but support for content and bug fixes to me should really be on par for a purchase of ANY software. Microsoft doesn't charge you for an Office update only charges you to go from office 2007 to office 2016, etc.. but not the updates for 2007...

Is VAM no longer available for purchase on steam? I figure if I am going to have to re-up b/c I did patreon I would rather have the version that doesn't extort cash every upgrade interval.

I could see if it was 2.0 (laugh) or something where major features are added etc.. but support for content and bug fixes to me should really be on par for a purchase of ANY software. Microsoft doesn't charge you for an Office update only charges you to go from office 2007 to office 2016, etc.. but not the updates for 2007...
A key works indefinitely per major version, and includes all minor version updates. You don't have to keep paying on Patreon.
You're not obligated to update VaM, just like you can also keep using Office 2000 without being forced to pay for Office 365.

Office 365 is now a subscription that costs about as much per year as paying MeshedVR every month. You don't have to pay every month for this. At $8 for any major update, this is a bargain. There's only been one major update like that, AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom