How to turn off red/blue point-lines in Play Mode

VammerJammer

Reactions
I've been using VAM for some time now, but this one issue has completely eluded me.

How (or is it not possible) to turn off the red and blue pointer lines in Play Mode? (See attached image)

They're useful in Edit Mode, but when I want to possess a model in Play Mode, they flicker on and off constantly, and since they're transparent through all geometry, they mess with my focal depth for whatever they're near, and really take me out of the scene.

I've searched through other forums and all the user preferences, but couldn't find any answers relating to this. These things really ruin the experience, and I'm pretty desperate by this point to figure out how to get rid of them.

Attachments

• THE PROBLEM.jpg
    THE PROBLEM.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
I had the same problem as well, and the answer was touch sensitive controllers on oculus quest 2.
When your fingers touch "X" or "A" buttons, even without pressing it, those pointer lines appear

This has annoyed me too, I had no idea it was the A and X buttons being sensitive! Next time I go in I’ll try to avoid resting on them and see if it goes away

I had the same problem as well, and the answer was touch sensitive controllers on oculus quest 2.
When your fingers touch "X" or "A" buttons, even without pressing it, those pointer lines appear
Hooooly crap, just tested it and that is definitely it. Thank you so much for taking the time to share that, I never would have guessed at that being the cause. Looks like I'm not the only one who was getting confused by it, too! Much appreciated.

Same with the index: touching the buttons makes them appear. Neverthelesss it would be nice to have an option to turn them off completely.

I've been trying to get rid of those on the Quest 3. It's been almost 2 years since the last post. Did anyone solve this so we don't have to see them flash as our fingers inevitably touch those buttons?

Back
Top Bottom