How common is it for look creators to use external tools for making morphs?

Reactions
First things first, I acknowledge that there is a wide variety of creators with varying levels of expertise and their own workflows. And I understand that there is probably no one correct way to go about things.

That being said, I am wondering how common it is for creators to use tools like Daz Studio, Blender, etc. to model the morphs. I am specifically talking about human looks since I cannot imagine that humanoid looks being made in just inside VAM.

For example, one could model a face just using morph sliders within VAM. Or one could sculpt them in Blender. Just asking this out of curiosity as an outsider.

It's a mix of things as you thought. Some creators use both vam and external apps to create their models. So hopefully I'm not talking out of my arse when I say it's pretty common... for some.

I only use VaM morphs to create my characters. I also installed a lot of custom morphs.

But right now, I'm thinking to use Blender aswell, specific to fine tune my characters. For example, I don't get the perfect round hips with the VaM morphs. I want to use Blender for this. Make first a character in VaM, when it's finished, import it to Blender, fine tune it and import back to VaM.

Back
Top Bottom