HairExporter

Plugins HairExporter

northern.shikima updated HairExporter Beta with a new update entry:

HairExporter is out of beta!

HairExporter has been entirely re-written!
  • No more manual steps. No more CLI tool. Much better results in just a couple clicks!
  • Export directly within VaM.
  • Imports directly to Blender’s new hair system!
  • Exports scalp, materials (color), hair strands and some hair sim settings
Now available as a VaM plugin and Blender add-on. Export hair to blender in two simple steps:

• Add HairExporter.cs to a person atom, and click "Export Hair". Hair and required...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this work as curves in blender, and can you use the new hair nodes in this workflow? Has anyone tried?
New version (1.0) posted today imports directly to the new curves system with hair nodes

I'd like to see this too
I don't know if this has been asked or even mentioned, but I wonder if it is possible to do the same, but in reverse? Like export and convert Blender hair to VaM hair. I would think that the obsticle would be re-importing it into VaM. That would definitely be a game changer though.

Assuming the blender hair is stored as curves (or convertible to curves) someone could probably write a plug-in to import the vertices of each curve as a hair strand. The big challenge that comes to mind is I believe VaM hair strands have to match up with the verts on the scalp, and you can't have more strands than scalp verts (the rest of the strands are interpolated by VaM's hair multiplier setting)

It's certainly possible. Although with VaM 2.0 around the corner (lol) it may be better to prioritize exporting hair from VaM 1 and importing to VaM 2.

Back
Top Bottom