Glute (ass crack) morph

DasBoot

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I am curious if anyone is aware of a morph that will change the upper butt crack, where the glutes come together. I haven't found a morph that will allow that area of the glutes to change. The default is a nice curvy Y shape, which is great, but I want to sometimes be able to smooth that area out as it actually appears on a lot of women. Anyone have a morph or suggest one for this part of the body? Thanks!
2021-02-03_01.jpg

just make one in blender, easiest way if one isnt there. Especially just smoothing, you can go into sculpt mode and just use the smooth tool to do it. export the g2f from daz. import the obj into blender. go into sculpt mode. use the smooth tool (smooth, draw, and grab are all fine to use without changing geometry). export the obj back out, and import back into daz. create morph. copy it over and you're gold

just make one in blender, easiest way if one isnt there. Especially just smoothing, you can go into sculpt mode and just use the smooth tool to do it. export the g2f from daz. import the obj into blender. go into sculpt mode. use the smooth tool (smooth, draw, and grab are all fine to use without changing geometry). export the obj back out, and import back into daz. create morph. copy it over and you're gold
Thanks for the advice, funny you mentioned that, I was just looking at the tutorials for using Daz and Blender today. I will dig into it and see if can create a morph. Thanks!

It is fun and easy as long as your stay away from the eyes. Just remember to export a propper Genesis 2 figure in the base position first: Open the Genesis 2 figure, go to the DAZ Parameters tab, then General/Mesh Resolution/ and set the Resolution and SubDivision Level to Base/0. Otherwise you will spend a lot time with skulpting and then you can't import it back to DAZ ... been there done that (several times, lol). To be able to import the morph with the Edit/Figure/MorphLoader Pro, the figure MUST have the same amount of vertices as before. No more, no less. Don't spend too much time doing fine details, as the VaM mesh smoothing will smooth most of them out.
You will find the new morph in Parameters/Morphs/Morph Loader.
There are quite some morph packs around in the community and many butt morphes among them to combine, but if you are able to do it, make one yourself fitting your needs. It's fun (most of the time).

Here is a very basic Tail Bone morph I once made. I share this only while I am writing. Not good enough for official share.

Attachments

• G2FBaseSchwanz.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
Here is a very basic Tail Bone morph I once made. I share this only while I am writing. Not good enough for official share.
Thanks, I saw a tailbone area morph in the ones i currently have but it wasn't quite getting the area. I will give this a go, thank you TToby.

Question: How do I get the Genesis 2 models to show in Daz? I grabbed the latest version of Daz 4.15, and I only see Genesis 8 and 8.1 as options.
2021-02-17_13.jpg

Question: How do I get the Genesis 2 models to show in Daz? I grabbed the latest version of Daz 4.15, and I only see Genesis 8 and 8.1 as options.

Sorry, I have my DAZ installation since Victoria 4, which is quite a while... Genesis 2 is a DAZ3D original, watch out for "Genesis 2 Starter Essentials", or something like that. DAZ earns money by giving out the software for free and sell the content... I just have taken a look at the DAZ3D shop, and the Genesis 2 pack is not for free (at the moment). That doesn't mean you can't get it for free... you might take a look at the DAZ Install Manager (which is a kind of download manager), that came with your DAZ installation. Most of the time some older generations are free to download there. I am not sure, if the Genesis 2 isn't too old to be still downloadable , but I am sure that you can find the package somewhere still for free if you will search a bit... even legaly. I guess, with VaM using it, the old Genesis 2 might have more downloads, like in the last 5 years together.

Thanks for the advice, funny you mentioned that, I was just looking at the tutorials for using Daz and Blender today. I will dig into it and see if can create a morph. Thanks!
It can be really intimidating. Ping enigma on discord if you run into a roadblock with that process and need a hand. it's not hard, but there are a bunch of procedural things you have to get right or the export/imports simply wont work.

Back
Top Bottom