Fifty Shades of VaM

Scenes Fifty Shades of VaM

Just a heads-up but the video preview appears to be... broken?
Yeah, indeed, it works through Chrome from a PC but it doesn't work from VaM's internal browser for some reason, I'll put a JPG on there at least and maybe try uploading the video a different way maybe that helps. Thanks :)

Spankimus updated Fifty Shades of VaM with a new update entry:

Table tied

Dakota has not spent enough time on the exercise bike today so I've put her on the table, tied, gagged and struggling.

This new position was difficult and messed up a lot of the existing animations but I wanted to make it look good and still retain the reactions. I think I've managed it in the end. Destructible clothing has been removed, it stopped working and I just couldn't face fixing it and it didn't work very well anyway and was costly on performance so clothes are now just easily...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Spankimus updated Fifty Shades of VaM with a new update entry:

Licensing fix

I mean, it says it's hub hosted, it says the dependencies are all good, then you upload it - and it changes its mind!

I'm getting really bored of ratching through the files trying to fix this stuff - either the package builder needs to be a lot more intelligent or the licensing system needs sorted properly. There's so much crap in the var file that it just clearly doesn't need, stuff I've never even heard of and there's no way it needs it. Sigh. Anyway, last time for this I think as I'm...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've had similar problems. In one case where it refused to display my resource on the Hub, the cause turned out to be too many characters inside the var metadata. Once I shortened the description there and re-uploaded that, it started working fine.
Yeah, the dependency and licensing system needs to be far more simplified if you ask me. It doesn't really work, it would be very simple still to take somebody else's work, remove any reference to them and then change it slightly and pass it off as your own if that's what you want to do I think and the system that is in place then requires content producers like myself that only work from the hub and only post to the hub to have to jump through hoops just to upload free content. An overhaul of the finances might also generate more funds to do more development but I wouldn't want to rock the boat, it's good software I'd just like to continue to see it be developed but this kind of annoyance takes away time I can spend learning about the mechanics and integrating with other people's resources.

When dependencies get out of hand you may want to try the default character in VAM as a test. Load an empty scene, then add the default girl naked. Save her as an appearance preset from the appearance preset tab, call her default or whatever. Then load your scene and then go to the appearance preset tab and replace your girl. Save as a test then test making a VAR and see if you lose a bunch of the dependencies not needed. Sometimes one morph can cause havoc on the dependencies.

When dependencies get out of hand you may want to try the default character in VAM as a test. Load an empty scene, then add the default girl naked. Save her as an appearance preset from the appearance preset tab, call her default or whatever. Then load your scene and then go to the appearance preset tab and replace your girl. Save as a test then test making a VAR and see if you lose a bunch of the dependencies not needed. Sometimes one morph can cause havoc on the dependencies.
Thanks, I did zero all the morphs on the model and that really helped - got rid of over 100 dependencies! The trouble is that the scene contains a lot of presets which get loaded on various buttons, I did resave all of those without saving morphs and then managed to build a scene with a lot less dependencies that appeared to mainly work. Loading into a clean VaM (Well, just by moving aside my own AddOnPackages) showed up a couple of small bugs so I fixed those, resaved it in the clean version then cleaned it again, reloaded it from the hub and it seemed to work OK.

The problem appears to have arrived when I've continued then developing on top of the zero morphed version. Then it's just added so many dependencies in somehow that I just can't weedle them all out, most of them I can't even tell where they are coming from and I have had to revert back to the version from just after I zeroed all the morphs.

So I guess perhaps, zeroing the morphs and then carrying on adding stuff might break it as it now includes stuff that it thinks it has the morphs for and doesn't and goes searching through the entire hub for them maybe.

In future, I'm going to stick to smaller scenes that are less complex, rather than buttons for the different positions etc I'm gonna break it up into separate scenes, which is a shame to be honest as it's nice to have everything all together but this dependency nightmare makes developing it very difficult when if you try something out whilst developing, then change your mind, it seems to leave half the setup in there and create a ton of dependencies.

I'm learning as I go along with this but for this particular scene, I've got it to a stable point where as far as I can tell it's loading properly for everyone so am gonna stick with that for now and move on again.

It would be nice if there was a better way to handle this dependency nightmare though. I seem to have got the hang of the licensing now so maybe in time with more experience and better development practices, I will get the hang of this.

Thanks, I did zero all the morphs on the model and that really helped - got rid of over 100 dependencies! The trouble is that the scene contains a lot of presets which get loaded on various buttons, I did resave all of those without saving morphs and then managed to build a scene with a lot less dependencies that appeared to mainly work. Loading into a clean VaM (Well, just by moving aside my own AddOnPackages) showed up a couple of small bugs so I fixed those, resaved it in the clean version then cleaned it again, reloaded it from the hub and it seemed to work OK.

The problem appears to have arrived when I've continued then developing on top of the zero morphed version. Then it's just added so many dependencies in somehow that I just can't weedle them all out, most of them I can't even tell where they are coming from and I have had to revert back to the version from just after I zeroed all the morphs.

So I guess perhaps, zeroing the morphs and then carrying on adding stuff might break it as it now includes stuff that it thinks it has the morphs for and doesn't and goes searching through the entire hub for them maybe.

In future, I'm going to stick to smaller scenes that are less complex, rather than buttons for the different positions etc I'm gonna break it up into separate scenes, which is a shame to be honest as it's nice to have everything all together but this dependency nightmare makes developing it very difficult when if you try something out whilst developing, then change your mind, it seems to leave half the setup in there and create a ton of dependencies.

I'm learning as I go along with this but for this particular scene, I've got it to a stable point where as far as I can tell it's loading properly for everyone so am gonna stick with that for now and move on again.

It would be nice if there was a better way to handle this dependency nightmare though. I seem to have got the hang of the licensing now so maybe in time with more experience and better development practices, I will get the hang of this.
My scenes are extremely complex and paid so I have to take special care not to pick up any dependencies that are not in the scene. Its a nightmare when one shows because for paid scenes you can't have them. My best advice is to have 2 versions of VAM (at least) installed. One clean version to build scenes with and one to test and play other people's scenes.

When you add things to your clean VAM scene make sure they are not dragging in a pile of dependencies before you continue to build on it.

Good luck!

My scenes are extremely complex and paid so I have to take special care not to pick up any dependencies that are not in the scene. Its a nightmare when one shows because for paid scenes you can't have them. My best advice is to have 2 versions of VAM (at least) installed. One clean version to build scenes with and one to test and play other people's scenes.

When you add things to your clean VAM scene make sure they are not dragging in a pile of dependencies before you continue to build on it.

Good luck!
Yeah, I'm gonna have to be more astute about it. It is a shame though that it doesn't just work. I only download things from the hub and I only upload to it so there really shouldn't be an issue - yet there is - a huge one!

I just tried your scene (version 17) and found that several body textures are not loaded properly. I have an "older" version 22 which works. Now I am confused...

I just tried your scene (version 17) and found that several body textures are not loaded properly. I have an "older" version 22 which works. Now I am confused...
Yeah, the new scene is designed for a fresh load - version 22 should work if you already have it loaded. Hopefully all versions available on the hub ...

Great Scene!
Thanks for all the constant updates.
I have one slight problem/question:
If i load in another look via appearance preset the textures always stay the same.
I am not merge loading.

how do i fix this? should i disable a specific plugin?

Thanks for your time in advance

Great Scene!
Thanks for all the constant updates.
I have one slight problem/question:
If i load in another look via appearance preset the textures always stay the same.
I am not merge loading.

how do i fix this? should i disable a specific plugin?

Thanks for your time in advance
Yeah, the textures are controlled by Decal Maker plugin on the model so if you go in there you can turn off the ones you don't want - all the marks are controlled in there though but if you scroll down you'll find the dirt, scars, stretchmarks, genital decals etc. and you can just remove them from there or add your own in.

Yeah, the textures are controlled by Decal Maker plugin on the model so if you go in there you can turn off the ones you don't want - all the marks are controlled in there though but if you scroll down you'll find the dirt, scars, stretchmarks, genital decals etc. and you can just remove them from there or add your own in.
Thanks for the help. This was exactly what i was searching. Thanks for the quick and detailed answer.

Back
Top Bottom