Question Fast way to switch poses without going into edit mode.

James

Reactions
Twitter
killmeplz
Hi. I would like to stay in play mode and be able to just quickly press a button to switch the poses. Not asking for a magic solution, rather how I can set it up so that I can create buttons that I can press (or a better solution altogether) so I can just quickly switch the poses of the person. Thanks

Hi. I would like to stay in play mode and be able to just quickly press a button to switch the poses. Not asking for a magic solution, rather how I can set it up so that I can create buttons that I can press (or a better solution altogether) so I can just quickly switch the poses of the person. Thanks
You can create a button to load a specific pose. Unfortunately you can only do 1 pose at a time (per button), so 10 poses would require 10 buttons.
Instead you probably wanna attach all load pose triggers to some animation (of your choice) and cycle poses with a single button.

Example trigger:

Receiver Atom: Person (note: You wanna avoid using legacy looks/presets that change person atom names)
Receiver: PosePresets
Receiver Target: LoadPresetWithPath (navigate to pose file to load)

Upvote 0
You can create a button to load a specific pose. Unfortunately you can only do 1 pose at a time (per button), so 10 poses would require 10 buttons.
Instead you probably wanna attach all load pose triggers to some animation (of your choice) and cycle poses with a single button.

Example trigger:

Receiver Atom: Person (note: You wanna avoid using legacy looks/presets that change person atom names)
Receiver: PosePresets
Receiver Target: LoadPresetWithPath (navigate to pose file to load)

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Ive had mixed results with the above guide - sometimes the atom springs to a new position (root) and sometimes they load where they are.
initially i thought it was because the poses were saved with different root locations, so i created new ones with no root, and new ones with root saved. It doesnt seem to remember the root point on some positions when loading from a new bootup. Probably done something wrong my end, but interested if you get the same problem XD

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom