Face match help

Tmog

Reactions
Iv'e been trying to recreate a model from an old web comic and I'm hitting a few problems.
I have the body size and shape down however I'm having trouble with matching the face. I've been trying to keep to the built in morphs to keep dependencies count down but not a rule. Also, clothing. I found pants that works good enough but there bell bottoms so not perfect. Shirt again i found something that works but would be nice if i can get a closer or exact match. the shoes, well, I found flat chucks and cant color change them to match so not ideal.

If anyone can help with these problems it would help a lot!
I'm new to this, so i don't know what i don't know and wouldn't mind some pointers!
Thanks.

Attachments

• rain.png
    rain.png
    396 KB · Views: 0
I'll leave it up to you to make the look. Having a good texture it half the battle to make a face look right. It's amazing how different textures can change the appearance of the same geometry. Faces are the hard part though, so make alot of saves as you go and try different combinations of morphs. Trial and error is the best way to learn. Also, take a break now and then. I've done it a few times, where I come back to a look I was working on and it appears completely different than I thought it did. The mind plays tricks on you when it comes to faces. Humans tend to see patterns and fill in the gaps.

Just remember to save often, and If it's just for yourself, don't be too concerned about modifying other peoples looks. Find one that has the right feel to it and just play around.

I needed a distraction today, so I made the shirt for you (a bit of a speed run, but it came out well.)

The are suittable guides shown in the Wiki Guides with lots of tips and instructions.
Auh! Didn't think of looking there!

I'll leave it up to you to make the look. Having a good texture it half the battle to make a face look right. It's amazing how different textures can change the appearance of the same geometry. Faces are the hard part though, so make alot of saves as you go and try different combinations of morphs. Trial and error is the best way to learn. Also, take a break now and then. I've done it a few times, where I come back to a look I was working on and it appears completely different than I thought it did. The mind plays tricks on you when it comes to faces. Humans tend to see patterns and fill in the gaps.

Just remember to save often, and If it's just for yourself, don't be too concerned about modifying other peoples looks. Find one that has the right feel to it and just play around.

I needed a distraction today, so I made the shirt for you (a bit of a speed run, but it came out well.)

Good point with skin texture, I had better luck with the other model and i realized i started with a different texture.
Thanks for the shirt! I wasn't expecting to get one at all let alone this quickly!

Back
Top Bottom