Edit Mode Camera ReVAMp

Plugins Edit Mode Camera ReVAMp

TBD

Reactions
Patreon
tbdvam
TBD submitted a new resource:

Edit Mode Camera ReVAMp - Improved version of VAM's built-in camera auto-align when changing selection

Improved version of vam's built-in feature to align the desktop camera with the selected atom or controller automatically.
Your camera will stay in place, rotate towards the selection and change its focus distance, thereby setting the camera's pivot point.

When you start vam in VR mode, the plugin disables itself automatically.

It integrates with AcidBubbles.KeyBindings. You can bind keys to focus manually and to toggle automatic focusing whenever you select something on/off.

Configurable...

Read more about this resource...

Would you like to see smooth rotation over time instead of instantly snapping to the target?

This is good works really well.
However one thing i'd like is being able to get it to focus on a specific atom. I out the plugin on the person, but if at any point I'm selected on something else and trigger the focus now with a trigger, it focus' on the selected atom rather than the person.

So you want to focus on the person without selecting it? It doesn't matter where you put the plugin. Whether it's loaded as a session plugin or on an atom is functionally the same.

I could add key bindings to:
  • Lock the focus to what is currently selected so you can jump back to it with the "focus now" button
  • Mark the currently focused target as a priority target with another key bind to focus the marked target
  • Move the focus to what was previously focused so you can navigate backwards and forwards in the order you selected atoms in
    (like an undo/redo stack)

So you want to focus on the person without selecting it? It doesn't matter where you put the plugin. Whether it's loaded as a session plugin or on an atom is functionally the same.

I could add key bindings to:
  • Lock the focus to what is currently selected so you can jump back to it with the "focus now" button
  • Mark the currently focused target as a priority target with another key bind to focus the marked target
  • Move the focus to what was previously focused so you can navigate backwards and forwards in the order you selected atoms in
    (like an undo/redo stack)
Yeah, basically i want to use it to create a button that will just focus on the person atom regardless of where they are or whether or not it is currently selected. There are lots of plugins that do similar things, but this does the simple act of looking at the atom perfectly, my problem is that if something else gets selected the the focus button then will just look at that instead.

but this does the simple act of looking at the atom perfectly
Hehe, this makes me chuckle a bit. That was the part that took about 95% of the work because controlling vam's nav rig and desktop camera isn't particularly straight forward. :ROFLMAO:

my problem is that if something else gets selected the the focus button then will just look at that instead.
Well, that's exactly what the plugin is designed to do. I'll think about how to accommodate your use case. When you say "button" do you mean scene UIButton or key binding?

Yeah, basically i want to use it to create a button that will just focus on the person atom regardless of where they are or whether or not it is currently selected. There are lots of plugins that do similar things, but this does the simple act of looking at the atom perfectly, my problem is that if something else gets selected the the focus button then will just look at that instead.
Could you please give me a bit more detail on what it is you're trying to build so I understand the requirements more clearly?
From what you told me I assume you want to build a feature into a scene that rotates the camera towards a specified atom when the user clicks a button. You do not need a session plugin that works across scenes, with any number of people in the scene and any atom names, right?

Is this what you want?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom